Beto Does it Again

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by HornHuskerDad, May 26, 2020.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

I'm saying that he was a total media fraud, as evident that when he had to run on his own merits, instead of media fluffing, he couldn't even last till the first primary vote. All this from someone who was supposed to be JFK part 2.

It's hard to win a presidential primary - but non-frauds last at least last till after Iowa.

And Beta-male's hip / I use curse words so I'm cool / I'm a moderate because the media says I am, image played well against a very right-wing guy like Cruz. I voted for Cruz in the 2016 primary, but was later glad he lost, as he'd have had no shot against Clinton in the general election. He's super smart, I find him funny when you hear him at length like on Michael Berry's radio show, and looks like your soon to be ex-wife/husband's divorce lawyer. It's not a winning combo on a national scale.

Look the 2016 Republican primary was a nasty, bitter fight, with lots of childish name calling. Afterwards Trump and Cruz buried the hatchet, and worked towards implementing policy. Isn't that what all the good government types are always saying should happen?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two things can be true at the same time. Beta is a fraud and a weak candidate who got a major boost from the fact that the media basically rode his jock the entire campaign. And Ted Cruz is very unlikeable and turns off a lot of voters.

Same thing could be said for Biden and Trump.

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Agree. Trump was not easy to like for lots of voters, so they voted for the guy who was easier to like - and look what that philosophy gave us in the White House!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

HHD
    So sadly true. In retrospect would any of those who did not like Trump's personality have voted for him knowing how Biden would destroy our country?

5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

There are plenty who would, and I'm sure did, vote for biden just because they didn't like Trump's personality. Because actual policy, destroying the country, etc. are completely irrelevant. Their mind can't comprehend any deeper than who I like.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Run
    We see that in here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I don't think he can recapture the panty-moistening magic he had among the airheaded women of the state last time around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

That group seems to be his natural voting bloc.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Trying to get him off her dad's payroll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

I also do not think he will be buoyed by as much out of state cash this time around either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sangre
    I agree unless the Dems can put the money into buying votes or ballot counting
    And they could be desperate enough to try.

Wonder why they didn't retread Wendy?

14. Sangre Naranjada

Diaper Barbie? Who the hell remembers her?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The dynamics are very different. First, it's a midterm election with a Democrat in the White House rather than a Republican. That makes a big difference. Second, Abbott has pretty broad appeal. He's liked by the base, the business crowd, and suburbanites. Cruz had the base and little else. That left a lot more votes on the table for Beta to pickup. Third, though the media (even in Texas) is pretty liberal, it doesn't hate Abbott's guts the way it hated Cruz, so it's not going to bend over backwards for Beta to the same degree. They'll be nice to him and generally be receptive to his ********, but he will have to get by with a dry ball from time to time. Finally, Beta has been through a presidential primary campaign. That means his negatives have been exposed by other Democrats, and he had to take positions that would be wildly unpopular in a Texas general election. There's just a lot more for Abbott to slap him around with than Cruz had.

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

More on Beto's (potential) entry into the Governor's race:

Beto O’Rourke Draws Closer to Entering Texas Governor’s Race

Beto O’Rourke plans Texas comeback in governor's race

Beto Plans to Challenge Greg Abbott in Run for Texas Governor, Report Says

Don't assume an automatic Abbott landslide or a cakewalk:

"About 45% of people surveyed approve of Abbott’s performance as governor of Texas, while 54% believe Texas is “headed off on the wrong track,” a new poll from The Dallas Morning News and University of Texas at Tyler states."

"Abbott’s approval rating has recently fallen to 41 percent, with 50 percent disapproving. And according to a recent poll by The Dallas Morning News and the University of Texas at Tyler, O’Rourke only trails Abbott by five percentage points."

Meanwhile, our Minister of Culture is very popular, and he's flirted with the idea of running before...

Matthew McConaughey leads Greg Abbott in poll for Texas governor, while Beto O’Rourke starts to close gap

17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    I think Obama dumped his light and tan suits on Beto, after the media got on him about it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

A man's man.

:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And a woman's dream.
    :rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    Females at the Beto Rally
    :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He's "man-ish."

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

We're 13 months out. Beta is still riding on the fumes from 2018 in the polling.

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I prefer the term "man-like"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Sure is...
    And "riding on the fumes" goes waaaaaaaaaay back with Beto...
    :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

• Like Like x 2
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    He simply:

WILL
    NOT
    GO
    AWAY

25. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I think that Abbott disapproval rating is as much far right leaning disapproval as it is left leaning disapproval. I've got a few far right friends that are still pretty mad at him about 2020 Covid steps. Texas is still pretty solid red and when it comes down to it, those on the far right are going to vote for the GOP candidate even if they were mad at him about things he did during COVID.

Not that one necessarily eliminates the other but I'd be very surprised if McConaughey is in this thing now. MM is maybe not ultra left but he is definitely a left leaning candidate. He and Beto would have to square off and neither would be able to coast in with the "chill-kumbaya" personas unscathed.

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop,

Are you telling us that Beto is like every other cockroach?

• Like Like x 1
  27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

not sure it is even THAT close...perhaps nudging up against man-adjacent.

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

All Abbott should have to do is air ads that show the ****-show that is Commiefornia, to include their needles and crap on sidewalks and the molly-coddling of illegal aliens and pin the Newsom-esque quality to Beto. Toss in a few ads with people who have been decimated by the left and the stupid shutdowns.

29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

Looks like an elementary school pep rally...