Big 12 Awards

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by 05Longhorn, Mar 2, 2016.

1. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Congrats, ladies!!!! :hookem2:

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Brooke was a pleasant surprise. Lots of very good guards in the league. Very happy to see two of our sophs (Brooke and Ariel) named to the team.

Congrats to Imani, Empress and Celina also being recognized.

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

5. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

For Brooke to be shooting over 40% from the 3 point line when she's taken over one hundred 3 point attempts is outstanding. This team needs a few more consistent 3 point shooters just like Brooke. Congrats to her and the other Texas players.

• Like Like x 3
  6. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

I have to say I'm a bit surprised at Littell being chosen COY. His team finished 4th place with 7 losses in conference while having the best player in the conference. Aston finished 2nd with only 3 losses after going 9-9 last year. COY should have gone to Aston or Mulkey.

7. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Let us remember that they were predicted to finish 8th. Texas and Baylor met expectations, while OK state comfortably exceeded expectations. I was ok with that pick

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Congrats to all!

Strange that the FOY wasn't a unanimous pick to the All Freshman team, but two other freshmen were unanimous selections.

9. CavalryRoadie

CavalryRoadie < 25 Posts

I agree. Littell's team beat Baylor and OU (twice), this year. Regardless of who wasn't playing during those games - that was a nice accomplishment.

10. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

He did an excellent job of turning nothing-much into a team that competed (and beat Baylor...something we haven't done in a long long time...of course, they were missing their point guard in that game). But I'm fine with his winning the award. Better than giving it to Mulkey, I suppose.

11. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Great going Horns! You deserved it!!!!

12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1