Big 12 Awards

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by breckenj05, Mar 1, 2017.

1. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

The Big 12 Awards will be announced today, starting at 2pm CT.

2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Saw that Joyner was named FOTW for the 7th time in the past 9 weeks today.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 12
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 11
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 11
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  7. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Um so whos the Sheriff now?

• Like Like x 8
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Bri Taylor, defensive POY for Big 12, great! But not on first team? Grrrr.:e-thinking:

9. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

LONGHORNS doing the daggum thang!

CONGRATS to ALL!!!!:hookem:

• Like Like x 7
  10. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

She can't shoot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Hookem'

• Like Like x 1
  12. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Great job, Horns! Well deserved on all counts. Now let's get focused and go after the one award that matters most!

• Like Like x 5
  13. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Good Stuff!!! So proud of this team! :bounce1::bounce2::yippee::hookem2::hookem2::hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  14. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Wow, so excited for all the players and Coach A that got recognized. Maybe this will help re-energize them for the tournament, both Big 12 and NCAA.

• Like Like x 11
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

My thoughts exactly!

17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Ewwwwweee I bet Mulkey's bonnet is LITERALLY a hornet's nest right about now. :yippee:

• Like Like x 4
  18. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

Their board is fuming. Loving it!!

• Like Like x 11
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Congrats to all!

Was this based on the head coaches voting? Wouldn't surprise me if the Big 12 coaches couldn't bring themselves to vote for Mulkey after her recent tirade.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Had to look it up: "The All-Big 12 honors were chosen by head coaches, who are not allowed to vote for their own student-athletes."

I think we can safely assume Mulkey did not get Karen's or, based on her recent comments, Sherri's votes.

• Like Like x 2
  21. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Way to go Brooke!

• Like Like x 1
  22. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Congrats Brianna!

• Like Like x 1
  23. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Congrats Joyner!

• Like Like x 1
  24. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Congrats to you all!

• Like Like x 1
  25. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Congrats Coach!

• Like Like x 1
  26. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Super proud of all. It is a little weird that Baylor didn't get any of them, considering their great season. It's hard not to think there is some reaction to Kim in this voting. But every award is deserving. I'm especially proud of Taylor, but really the others just as much. Obviously Kim will use this to light a fire under her team once she calms down. But I think we will be confident and ready.

• Like Like x 1
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

There were 2 other individual awards: Baylor got 6th Man of Year (Lauren Cox) and Kansas' Jessica Washington was named Newcomer of the Year.

28. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I would hope that awards are more than just about number of victories, otherwise winners would only come from one team.

Sadly, Mulkey called for violence (knock them in the face) and belittled the victims of rape by telling reporters to move on to another story because what happened at Baylor was normal. That doesn't sound like a person who would get many votes.

I love that Baylor Boards are in a meltdown over this. One poster even took issue with Anna Hook Em's comment about the new sheriff. It is totally making my my day that they are so upset.

Too, too funny. But I guess if you live in Baylor Nation and Waco in particular, you don't realize that character comes into play in all aspects of life. I have said it before... Texas does a much better job at preparing players for not just the game of the week, but also the game of life. And that starts with the coach.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-america-say-she-punch-critics-face/98418684/

• Like Like x 3
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I haven't looked at the stats, ,but I wonder if Lashann wouldn't have been a worthy recipient for the 6th man award.

The Baylor fans were funny yesterday suggesting that Nina Davis should be POY. Not sure what happened with her this year, but she is not the player she has been the last 3 years. Perhaps moving her away from the basket really limited her effectiveness; I could be wrong, but I bet her WNBA stock has plummeted.

• Like Like x 1
  30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I thought the same thing about Higgs. Davis, IMO, deserved only honorable mention AT BEST. Without Nya Johnson to deliver the ball to her right at the basket she struggled to create anything. Also... Mulkey has been busy preparing her team for future seasons rather than sticking with the senior who had given her so much while twice earning All-American honors. According to Griner, that's What Mulkey does... Uses players until she thinks she no longer needs them. Looks like Davis found out the hard way.

• Like Like x 1