Big 12 Bowl picks ....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MajesticII, Dec 23, 2019.

1. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

How do you think the Big 12 will do in the bowl games ? Last year we did well. This year ????
    I have the following picks. ( 1 - 5 record )
    Texas Bowl --- OSU vs Aggy ..... Loss
    Aggy has good run defense and will make OSU one dimensional.
    Camping World Bowl --- Notre Dame vs Iowa State ..... Loss
    ND will dominate OL and DL...This one could be ugly.
    Peach Bowl --- LSU vs OU ..... Loss
    Losing key players dooms the Sooners who needed everything to go right to play with an LSU team that has improved every week since week 2.
    Liberty Bowl --- KSU vs Navy ..... WIN
    Talent should be on KSU's side, and physical defense should get the W.
    Alamo Bowl --- Utah vs Texas .... Loss
    Solid defense makes us one dimensional, and solid offense puts up enough to beat us.
    Sugar Bowl --- Georgia vs Baylor .... Loss
    Georgia's defense is better than ours and 24 points won't be enough for the Bears to win

2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Your picks look reasonable to me.
    OSU can win that but I'd side w you if betting.
    The two you have losing that can win more likely are 1. Texas and 2. Baylor I have both those games as coin flips and would bet Texas if I had to bet
    All tough draws IMO this year for Big12.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I think 0-6 is most likely outcome. Baylor and KSU are possible wins but frankly it’s hard to see single game that I feel like the Big XII team matches up well, even that Navy-KSU game is one where I see Navy controlling the clock and running KSU to death.

4. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

My picks:

OSU over A&M
    Notre Dame over ISU
    KSU over Navy
    Utah over Texas (I'd love to be wrong, of course)
    Georgia over Baylor
    LSU over OU

That puts the Big 12 at 2-4.

OSU/A&M, KSU/Navy, and Georgia/Baylor; I could see them going the other way, for various reasons. The others, obviously anything's possible, but less likely.
    If all three of those go the other way, Big 12 is 1-5.
    0-6 isn't crazy.

5. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

My picks:

Okie State over AMC
    Iowa State over Notre Dame
    K-State over Navy
    Texas over Utah
    Georgia over Baylor
    LSU over OU

4-2 for the Big XII.

I am biased though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I agree with most of the OP assessment.

A&M will win a close one against OK State. Something like 17-16. Mond will do just enough with his feet and not turning it over.

ND will win but I think ISU won't get stomped. It'll probably be close late but a ND score puts them up by 10-11 with not enough time left. Final of 31-20.

I think Navy runs for 350+ yards against KSU. Scoreboard won't indicate how thoroughly Navy beat them... something like 20-14.

UGA is about the same as last year. I see Baylor hanging with them for most of the game and wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it out. I'll say Bulldogs 23-17 right now.

I don't think the off-field distractions are enough for OU to completely implode against LSU. They'll definitely cover, which I'm kind of banking on. LSU's defense will get frustrated by Hurts and the receivers. I'll say LSU wins but OU covers right now. Final of 42-38.

I have no clue what the final will be for the Alamo Bowl. It really depends on how everyone shows up, including Sam. It could be a "Orlando, Beck, and Mehringer were holding us back so look what we can REALLY do" situation and fire everyone up, or it could be a "we're rudderless right now so check us out in Spring ball" strange, emotionless game. I do think that Utah has been granted way too much slack for plowing through an easy schedule, as we're the best team they've played who's not named Oregon (and we're not even all that great). I think Pac-12 defensive ratings are way out of whack because they play each other and outside of Washington State, they all crap the bed when it comes to offensive scheming. We're better against the run than the pass, so all in all, I think we should be able to put something together against them. I'll say 29-27 with some crazy special teams play that finally ends up in our favor.

7. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Okie state is the only W that I see.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't see any wins For the Bic XII. I think our kids have had too many distractions with rumors of firings and hirings.

No doubt Herman is very smart, but he has zero common sense. He has hired two old friends. Make the hirings private until after the bowl game.

NO EXCUSES FOR AN UNDER PRODUCING TEAM!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I predict B12 goes 2-4. I have no idea who the 2 are;
    or who the 4 are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I agree. I think hiring old friends, guys he's comfortable with, will be problematic unless they are truly the best out there that can be per$uaded to come coach at UT.

I truly hope he didn't hire old friends because of his personal and professional insecurities. That would be a serious mistake.

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

My vote is in the mistake category.

Make no mistake, I was all in on hiring Herman, but he's showing two problematic areas that we have lived through before:

1) the arrogance of Mackovic

2) the insecurity and hard headedness of Mack Brown

These will lead to #3, like Charlie Strong, he won't be able to hire quality assistants at any price.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They were going to implode without the distractions.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

I dont think BlowU's defense can slow that offense down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

OSU and A&M...OSU (wasn't Mond a pre-season "self proclaimed" Heisman winner? Kick his a$$ early and often, he'll fold)

ISU and Notre Dame ...Notre Dame (ND takes ISU to the wood shed.)

KSU and Navy...KSU (Navy's run game keeps it close, but KSU pulls it out)

Texas and Utah...Texas (Potential "track meet", but we have to have the O play like the first 4 or 5 games, can't rely on the D)

Baylor and Georgia...Georgia (toss up, but GA is the better team)

OU and LSU...LSU (LSU D shuts them down potential blowout, Coach O is on a mission.)

15. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Ags
    Iowa State
    Texas
    K State
    Baylor against I don’t want to be here crybabbies.
    LSU

• Like Like x 1
  16. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I agree. IMO, ou can score some points on LSU - the ou offense is that good - but they have no chance of stopping the LSU offense. I'm guessing something like 52-28. If Hurts turns the ball over - as he has been prone to do - it could get very ugly.

17. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

OU 63
    LSU 59

I love track meets.

And powerful drugs