Big 12 bringing back CCG

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Detective Shilala, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure it's about money... but having your best team get upset in the championship game or drop in power rating because it beat a team twice, and then watching the league get shut out of the playoffs... well that costs money too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Probably a precursor to expansion.

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Agree, but waiting on snatching up two legit schools, not Cincinnati , Memphis, Houston types.

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Agree, it's ridiculous. Unless at least 2 teams are added, a CCG makes no sense. My general thought is to bolt and get out of this conference. The only way this will works is if the Playoffs expand to 8 teams. Otherwise I don't see the B12 being of any interest as a playoff team. The only reason we had OU in last season is because the PAC winner had 2 losses.

6. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

I look at it as a way to watch the Longhorns win another game!

7. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

CCG is 13th game. all about TV money and visibility on CCG weekend.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bill,

From the thoughts of the Las Colinas Cretin Corp, you are correct. I can't wait until the numbers come out. Let's say we get a TCU vs K-State matchup going up against USC/Stanford or Alabama/Florida, and the Big XII gets a viewership less than C-USA gets at 10 AM. That will certainly do wonders for the TV contract negotiations. Maybe Bowlsby can bargain us onto Raydumb instead of FS1.