Big 12 games, Feb 5-7, 2018

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Feb 4, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Only four games on tab during the week, looks like ISU and Kansas have a bye:
    Mon, Feb 05
    Texas @ West Virginia 6:00 p.m. on FS1
    Texas 73 WVU 55

Oklahoma # Baylor 8:00 p.m. on FS1, hoping OU plays as well as they did vs WVU.
    BU 74 OU 66

Wed, Feb 07
    Oklahoma State @ TCU
    6:30 p.m. on FSSW, battle for 3rd place for now.
    OSU 71 TCU 54

Texas Tech @ Kansas State 7:00 p.m. on COX Kansas
    KSU 83 Tech 69

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Watching OU at Baylor, and there are clock issues again, AT Baylor. :e-thinking:

• Like Like x 1
  3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Also, Cox is having a night shooting the 12 foot jumpers. Something we need to pay attention to when we play them again. Her mid range shots are deadly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Anyone else watching this game?? OU giving Baylor all they can handle. 60-58 BU with 5+ minutes to go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

OU playing gutty tonight

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

wow, OU came close. Both Brown and Cox for Baylor ended with four fouls but Cox had a career night with 24 pts (12-17 FGs).

• Like Like x 1
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I hate the way refs call games in Waco. At times I wondered why Baylor bothered to dribble the ball considering the no calls on about five walks.

OU moved the ball really well. Too bad they didn’t shoot a little better. They were so close.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  8. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Lauren Cox was scary good. We have to guard her at the top of he key.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

A matter of a very good player taking advantage of the double coverage on a teammate that leaves her open. Cox is a very good shooter from midrange, especially if she is not pressed on the shot.

• Like Like x 3
  10. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I think you have to pick your poison with BU's two headed monster. Impossible to guard her at the top of the key AND Brown down low. So if given that choice, I will let her take that high post jumper and hope that the %'s swing the way they're supposed to.

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would switch our posts, for example, Audrey-Ann and Jatarie, with each taking turns guarding Brown and Cox. That way, neither should be too tired wrestling with keeping Brown out of the paint or at least harassing her on her shot. Of course, the one guarding Cox will have to be on the move constantly as that is what she does.

Can't forget about Cohen, either. At the SF position, she gets a lot of passes when the other posts are doubled and she gets in for rebounds and putbacks when the opponent is occupied with Cox and Brown.

We really need to play Cox and Brown straight up and shadow the guards and Cohen. That doesn't even count Richards who is really playing well although she seems to hit the back of her head regularly. She really needs to learn to protect her head when she falls.

12. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I would really like to see us take OU's game-plan and improve on it. We're a much better offensive team, so even if we give Cox the jumper and if she hits it then so be it. Better to give up 24 to one player than 22 to both

• Like Like x 1
  13. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

TCU loses to OSU, 71-54.

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

strange that the KSU site lists the Tech game as a loss.
    upload_2018-2-8_0-26-23.png