Big 12 games Mon & Tues--02/26-27/18

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Feb 25, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

The last five games of the regular season. Big 12 Tournament starts on Friday, March 2 at Oklahoma City.

Mon, Feb 26
    Kansas State (6-11) @ Texas Tech (1-16)
    6:30 p.m. on FSSW+; in Austin area: Spectrum 54 & 318 (Fox Sports SW) and 372 (Fox College Sports-Atlantic
    KSU 86 Tech 63

TCU (9-8) @ Oklahoma State (10-7) 7:00 p.m. on FSSW+; in Austin area: Spectrum 319 (Fox Sports Plus) and 374 (Fox College Sports-Pacific)
    OSU 85 TCU 72

West Virginia (8-9) @ Baylor (17-0) 8:00 p.m. on FS1; in Austin area: Spectrum 97 & 400 (Fox Sports 1)
    BU 80 WVU 54

Tue, Feb 27
    Oklahoma (11-6) @ Texas (14-3)
    6:00 p.m. FS1—in Austin area: Spectrum 97 & 400 (Fox Sports 1)
    Texas 79 OU 66

Iowa State (6-11) @ Kansas (3-14) 7:00 p.m. on JTV/ESPN3
    http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?startDate=20180227&type=upcoming
    ISU 65 KU 56

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

KSU won over TTU, 86-63.

Did anyone see the beginning of the WVU @ Baylor game? Something happened to Wallace, but I haven't heard/see what happened.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

criminy, BU's Wallace went down a few minutes ago. She slipped as she tried to cut defending a throw-in to WVU's backcourt. She got up and hopped on her left leg all the way into the dressing room. Update states she will be out the rest of the game. Hope it's not an ACL but the way she got hurt brings back painful memories.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

5. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

OSU won over TCU, 85-72.

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

BU up 36-22 over WVU at the half. Lady Bears increased their from the time that Wallace went out with what looked like a knee injury.

7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

A small update on Wallace

• Like Like x 2
  8. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Man, that sucks for Wallace. Hate that so much.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Baylor playing hard without Wallace. Also, Mulkey said during the halftime interview that she has "two freshmen out with disciplinary reasons". Looks to be Morris and Richards.

11. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Interesting. Wasn’t Mulkey talking about how she didn’t have to suspend or discipline any of her players particularly the freshmen in the press conf?

• Like Like x 8
  12. LutherIsMyDog

My first thought when I read that post.....

• Like Like x 5
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Impressive win by Baylor, 80-54, over WVU. They kept building the lead after Wallace went out. And both Richards and Morris sat due to disciplinary reasons. Chou came in at the end to let Cohen go out just before the end of the game. All you could see of Chou's left hand were the tips of her fingers. :smile1:

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Less than a day before our Senior Night. :hookem2:

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Karma for Mulkey. She is a total hypocrite, among other things.

• Like Like x 2
  16. CavalryRoadie

CavalryRoadie < 25 Posts

I get the "Karma for Mulkey" remark, but is it Mulkey's fault she had to suspend a couple of players? I would think she would be a hypocrite if she didn't suspend the players for rules violations.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

NO. She says she doesn't have to do something then does exactly that. She is the pure definition of hypocrisy in just about everything she does. If you look up hypocrisy in the dictionary there's a picture of Milkey

• Like Like x 3
  18. LutherIsMyDog

Cavalry--the karma comments are in response to Mulkey's post game comments after the Texas-Baylor game. Mulkey said this in the press conference;

"The most enjoyable part of all is that these kids like each other, they have great team chemistry. I don't have to suspend or bench them."

Mulkey's comments were a direct shot at Aston/Boothe and now seem hypocritical since she has since suspended two Baylor players.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I never wish injuries on anyone (coaches or players), but I've always said you need to have depth on the roster if you want to combat those injuries which basically happen to every team more often than not. We've certainly had our share, and now we have pretty good depth to continue to play at a high level most of the 40 minutes.

Baylor was dealing with a short bench all season; time will tell how long Wallace will be out, if at all. Her experience and skill is not something Baylor has elsewhere on the roster at the guard position.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I’m obviously not a doctor but I think that Wallace’s career is over. That non contact injury looked a lot like the unfortunate and familiar ACL.

If that is the case it’s a big loss for Baylor. She’s their best most experienced perimeter player. Teams will really be able to focus almost all of their attention on stopping their inside play.

• Like Like x 1
  21. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Speaking of which why does she have a short bench? Not trusting the newbies? Injuries such as Chou? (I don't track the team so I don't really know). Seems that when they're in these 20+ blowouts they would insert the freshmen to build the bench up.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Runs off too many players each season. Last season, Sczepanski-Beaver, Dry, and Mompremier moved on; might have been one other, but I can't keep up with all their outgoing transfers/expulsions . . . :lmao:

• Like Like x 3
  23. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Any update on Wallace?? If she is out that could change a lot of things in the B12 tournament. With back to back to back games, guard play usually determines EVERYTHING. If they are down their best guard and have a ridiculously short bench, not only does that open up things for a team like Texas, I could also see a TCU or someone with good guards shocking the world.

24. LutherIsMyDog

Funny, I was just researching this topic. According the Baylor message boards, Baylor will issue an update on Wallace tomorrow. A poster on their message board (Skilled Up) said she is finished for the season. However, I suppose it's not good to speculate until we receive the official word from Baylor

• Like Like x 1