Big 12 Preseason Poll

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by 05Longhorn, Oct 14, 2015.

1. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I don't know if I just caught OU games last season when they played poorly but they really didn't impress me much. Were they incredibly young last season?

3. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Since she could not vote for her own team, Kim had to vote for someone. It wasn't going to be us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

If our perimeter players can't shoot the ball reasonably well from the 3 pt. line, I think they will be pretty much the same team as they were last year.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

which was good enough to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

I still think the 3pt shooting will more closely resemble the 2013-14 season (36.5%) than last season (29.6%).

I like the ranking. Baylor has to be the favorite, given their track record. But Texas should certainly be in the running to win the league title.

6. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Oh, I think we'll be better than we were last year. Losing Henderson, but getting the highly esteemed Higgs and Hosey, along with more maturity for everyone. Why wouldn't we be better? I know we're all hoping the outside shooting is there.

7. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Tech showed a lot of improvement last year, I think they could be better than 9th in the league this year.

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The only positive to losing Enemkpali to injury mid-season was preparing for life without her much sooner than anticipated. Took our team/coaches a while to move on without her skills and leadership, but they all grew up; still have more growing to do. Others will have to get the garbage rebounds and putbacks Nneka excelled at.

Last season, OU basically won the conference games they were supposed to and didn't stub their toe as many times as we did. Still, we managed to beat them twice; yet, somehow OU fans still think they were better than we were last season (based on finishing higher in the conference standings) even though we made the Sweet 16 and they did not.

I think finishing lower than 2nd would be a disappointment; but, we all know that injuries play a huge role. Hoping for an injury-free season for Coach A's squad!

• Like Like x 3