big 12 starts the New Year...

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Jan 1, 2018.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

As the top BB conference, top to bottom, in the country. The league has multiple one loss teams (12-1, or 11-1) and two loss teams (10-2). The team with the worst record in the league stands at 9-4: Texas.

Tonight we play an away game at ISU, a 3 loss team. They have a very loud, energized home court. A win tonight would be huge!! I don't see it happening, to be honest. I know we can beat ISU at our place, but on the road...I don't know.

Anyhow GO HORNS!!

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Huge OT win to get to .500 in conference. This league is so stacked that any win on road is gigantic.:hookem:

• Like Like x 4
  3. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

@caryhorn, you can see it happen again @ 10 on LHN :smile1::hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  4. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Nice road win. Props to Dylans career point night and Coleman’s really well timed buckets and clutch free throws down the stretch. Bamba’s double double + 4 blocks is consistent and solid as well. Some clutch buckets from Davis tonight. Keep it up Horns.

• Like Like x 1
  5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I've been out and didn't get to watch it live. Just watched my recording of the game. Wow! A great gutsy gritty win. I don't know how they did it with so few points in the paint, but they did!!

Roach played like he was dropped on his head just before the tip.

Great games from O, Davis and Coleman. Davis seems to be getting back to freshman form which is good for him. Bamba came up big on defense, but was out of synch on offense. The team could not get the ball to him in the paint.

Jones is not himself yet. But he seems to be coming along. Did have a three.

First Horn win at Ames since 2010. Very, very nice win.

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Gotta see about swiping another road win against Baylor this week. Things are looking promising, still some issues but there are definitely signs of becoming tournament-ready.

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I would be cautious thinking a win at ISU makes them a step closer to tourney ready. I went through their schedule and they are less than impressive. Their two big wins so far are against 9-7 Iowa and in OT against Tulsa.

Seeing the shooting stats from another thread it makes sense why every game is close. If shooting improves we could be very good, but I suspect it won't now that we are in conference play.

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

TCU beat Baylor Tuesday night in Waco so it can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not surprising. TCU, with Dixon coaching, is one of the top three teams in the conference. And now TTU, with their win over KU, asserts itself into the mix. Wow, what a conference.

ou beat the frogs, but ou has the best player in the conference, trae young, and also a very good coach--kruger.

Dixon, Self, and Kruger are the top three coaches in this league. At least based on past performance. I think ou, tcu, ttu and ku will beat themselves up over the season. No team will go unscathed