Big 12 Tournament

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by jusme828, Feb 27, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

TCU broke out to a big lead in the first half, OU came back in the 3rd quarter but TCU kept their lead and moves to the semis vs the BU/KSU winner.

TCU wins 90-83, making 23-28 FTs in the second half, including 18-22 in the fourth quarter.

OU needed this win to help their chances of making the NCAAs. They are going to be waiting to see if they get in with an overall record of 16-14 even thought they were 11-7 in the league. Their SOS and RPI are going to have to count heavily in getting an NCAA bid.

TCU, meanwhile, makes a slightly better case for inclusion with the win, running their record of 19-11, 9-9 in league play.

2. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Speaking of "fashion sense", I notice the TCU coaching staff has continued to wear school logo leisure outfits on the sidelines. They did this at the UT game in Austin as well. Not that I don't approve or dislike it but I've not ever seen another school do it. I wonder what kind of message they are trying to send if any?

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I like being comfortable?

• Like Like x 4
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

KSU making too many unforced errors. Looks like they are going to get run over unless they gain their composure.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

8:41 stretch between the first and second quarter, KSU 4 pts, BU 16 pts.
    since, KSU on a 10-8 run. BU up 24-40.

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

BU doubling up KSU 70-33 entering the fourth.
    Pretty sure it will be BU vs TCU in one semi. :smile1:

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Silly, Sherri. OU is not one the Top 16 teams in the country, despite you tying to convince the media otherwise. If not for the OT win at WVY a couple of weeks ago, OU would be 15-15 and probably not even eligible for the big dance; I believe you have to have a "winning record" to qualify.

Regardless, not good to got bounced early in the conference tourney as every game matters for them.

If they do get in, and I don't Crème has them predicted as in, they will be like a 10 or 11 seed, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Jatarie and Joyner are gaining some chemistry together. I'm loving it!!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

I need a raise to buy fancy game clothes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wonder if Rellah is in the dog house again, or if she's hurt? :e-thinking:

• Like Like x 1
  11. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

......and the assist's and 3's keep on coming!!! Makes this old coach really happy.
    Great to see Jody there also.

:bevo::texasflag::bevo::texasflag:

"A kid. A ball. A. dream".
    John R. Wooden

• Like Like x 3
  12. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

She did tweak her leg in the OU game. Did she come back into the game after she was helped off the court?

• Like Like x 1
  13. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Yes, she did. She finally got in to the game tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Very good win for Texas tonight. Really shut down ISU other than Durr and Carleton with 25 pts each and those two were not going to beat Texas without a lot more support than they received.

Ariel tied her season high with 25 pts. Jatarie put up a double double (18 pts & 12 rebs) while Brooke had 12 pts and 7 assists. Joyner had 7 pts on 3-5 shots, 7 rebs and four assists. Both Brooke and Ariel ended up with 30+ minutes. Nice to see Chasity get some minutes. Horns went small quite a bit in this game.

• Like Like x 4
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Baylor only got eight pts from their bench. Chou played for a couple of minutes. Four of five starts ended up with double digit scoring. Morris added six pts. Morris (38 minutes), Landrum (33 minutes) and Cohen (31 minutes) led Baylor in time on the court. Brown (27 minutes) and Cox (28 minutes) got some rest in this game.

• Like Like x 2
  16. yelladawgdem

The assist and rebound numbers tell you everything that you need to know about this game and this team. When they play well, they are hard to beat. I often reference Coach Wooden in my posts. The reason he stopped going to the UCLA men's games, but seldom missed a woman's game at Pauley Pavillion was because "women understand that the game is won or lost BELOW the rim, not above it".

:cowrose::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::texasflag:

• Like Like x 2
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, dang. got the HS playoffs games on instead of WVU vs OSU. :whiteflag:

Looks like they will show half an hour of the WVU vs OSU game at 10 pm.

18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

If you have the Fox Sports subscription with Spectrum, you may be able to catch the game online at Foxsportsgo.com
    WVU is ahead right now, 13-4 with 5 mins to go in the first qtr.

• Like Like x 1
  19. yelladawgdem

WVU up 21-11 end of 1st. VERY physical game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. yelladawgdem

WVU 42-30 at half.

21. LutherIsMyDog

I just tuned into the WVU OSU game. What happened to Braxton Miller? Is she out for the whole game?

22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

They haven't said yet. Looks like she hurt her knee, and was taken back to the locker room.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks, jusme. Never think about it, especially since they don't announce it, I think.

If OSU wins, they will be the walking wounded. WVU's posts look very mobile. Not sure if OSU can make up their deficit.

24. yelladawgdem

WVU 65-52 nearing 4 minute mark.

25. LutherIsMyDog

WVU looks good. They will be a tough opponent tomorrow. They are physical and athletic. We'll need to match their intensity.

Braxton Miller showed a lot of heart and determination to go out and play in the 2nd half. Hopefully it's not a serious injury.

• Like Like x 1
  26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

69-60 WVU. Horns will play the Mountaineers tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  27. yelladawgdem

WVU wins 69-60. We play them at 6:30pm.

28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hopefully, she will be recovered by the NCAAs if the Cowgirls get in. I think they should be a shoo-in but that's jmo.

• Like Like x 2
  29. yelladawgdem

Karen has a more difficult 24 hours in front of her than she thought. WVU is, as noted by others, very, very, physical. Very athletic. And I don't care what anyone says, kids that age cannot NOT be thinking about the Brazos Sea Hag, in looking ahead.

Coach Aston has earned her stripes since she took over from GG. I know we all like to throw the word "Elite" around, but if we leave that building with a championship trophy, then this truly is an Elite Team.

Basketball: A uniquely American game,

"A kid. A Ball. A Dream".
    John R. Wooden
    The Wizard of Westwood :usflag::ucla::usflag:

• Like Like x 1
  30. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Did folks in Austin with Spectrum have problem viewing the game via their cable box? Tuned into channel 319 and got black screen. I was watching it on the Spectrum App for iPad (!!!) and then switched to projecting it from Fox online app onto my TV via a Google Play. Drives me crazy that on game day, suddenly 319 won't show the game!