Big 12 Tournament

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by jusme828, Feb 27, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Pretty sure that we play at 4:30 pm with BU & TCU butting heads at 2 PM. Both games on FS1.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

No problems for me watching the first three games. OSU vs WVU was preempted for the HS playoffs. Watched the last few minutes of Argyle winning the 4A title and watched Plano win the 6A title with Merrit putting in a FT miss to ice the game for Plano.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

It looks like our seniors are pretty focused on the next game instead of looking ahead in watching prior interviews of Brooke and Ariel and watching Ariel's post game interview tonight.

WVU is going to be tough but all the Horns have to do is remember what happened last year at this tournament to not look past WVU.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

The game is at 4:30.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I don't think either OU or OSU is gonna get in; each of them really needed to win today, and were upset. So, tourney in OKC and both in-state schools get knocked out before the semi-finals. Don't think attendance had been all that great yesterday, but it will be even worse on Sunday and Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I sure wish we could get Dallas back in the rotation if only one every few years.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bit of an appetizer before TCU-BU kicks off at 2 PM.
    ND vs Louisville on ESPN2 for the ACC tournament title.

Well, as soon as the USA vs France soccer match is up. Hopefully, by the 1:10 tipoff for the WBB game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Fort Worth is building a brand new arena so maybe that will send it back to DFW again, too.

• Like Like x 4
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

That’s a great idea

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Morris doing a nice job filling in for Wallace. Stopped watching the game after BU went up by 15 after one and watched the much more competitive ND-Louisville game.

84 pts from the starters for Baylor. TCU simply couldn't hit a shot. Looked like they were hurrying their shots, even when open.

We got to win vs WVU to get to the rematch with Baylor.

12. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Let's Go Horns! 40 minutes!!! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

alright! Nice win vs WVU. Great chance for the Horns to win the tournament vs Baylor. Should be a great game to watch. Let's go, Horns! :yippee::hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  14. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Good Job Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

didn't shoot as well as we had been doing, neither from the field, BTA or the FT line. Nice to see Joyner continuing to play better pretty much every game. Rellah is also playing better. We will need all of our posts against Baylor.

25 hours til game time.

• Like Like x 3
  16. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Now it gets real. Texas is going to need all hands on deck and Coach Aston is going to have to come up with a game plan to beat Baylor.

• Like Like x 4
  17. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

That was a wild, up and down, harem-scarem game. Joyner is looking so much better. I'm hoping Lashann gets her shooting game back more in the groove soon. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow night, except an all out effort. Tough to know what to do with Cox and Brown, but maybe we'll figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Well I sure don't know what a foul is anymore, or what charging is. Can someone be kind enough to explain it to me?

• Like Like x 5
  19. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I certainly can't explain charging calls these days. Seems incredibly subjective. I've heard enough times that the defender doesn't have to be standing still anymore, but if not, how do you determine which player has committed the foul? If the defender throws themselves to the floor (flops), then it seems the player going to the basket is often called, or if the driver uses their arm to push off, or if they "lower their shoulder." That one really gets me. So many people are just turning around and get called for lowering their shoulder. If it's obvious that they are trying to push the other player or make space for themselves with their shoulder, that is probably a legitimate call. But, to me, a lot of times, they are just trying to get to the basket and aren't doing anything specific with their shoulders, and they get called for charging anyway. Players with big shoulders are probably more likely to get called for the infraction. The rules on charging need to get cleaned up big time, because now, IMO, it is so arbitrary. If anyone can shed light on this, or has read the rule book, please enlighten.

• Like Like x 4
  20. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

It's basically whatever they decide is a charge. It varies from game to game and from crew to crew. Same with travel and 3 secs in the lane. Some call it a lot, some never do. As a general rule if they call a 3 sec or travel violation within the 1st 5 minutes you will get a bunch more during the game because it's on their mind. But if you manage to get halfway through the 2nd quarter without a call on either one you'll not see over one or two throughout the game. Sad but true.

• Like Like x 5
  21. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

The Texas vs Baylor match-ups always reminds me of what a loyal and unabashed fan I am of Karen Aston and the Horns. I woke up this morning thinking about tonight's game and nothing would make me happier than for Aston, Atkins and McCarty to beat Baylor tonight. We have the talent to beat Baylor but we need to break through the mental hurdle and match their intensity with a solid 4Q's of high IQ basketball.

:bevo:

• Like Like x 6
  22. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Hopefully their short bench will help us. Looked up the box score to see the (top) minutes their players put in:
    Cohen - 19
    Morris - 38
    Cox - 31
    Landrum - 40
    Brown - 31
    Richards - 26

Our "top minutes":
    White - 26
    Atkins - 25
    Holmes - 19
    Higgs - 26
    McCarty - 24
    Sutton - 22
    Underwood - 19 (!)
    Boothe - 13

Fresh legs. Run-em-down ladies!

• Like Like x 3
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We need our guards to win their battles (offensively and defensively); that has not been the case the last 2 times we played them.

And, we need our key players (especially Ariel, Joyner, and Jatarie) to not pickup 2 fouls early in the game.

• Like Like x 4
  24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This is the key. Coach A just has not been up to the task against Baylor on a consistent basis.

• Like Like x 1
  25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I think you will see more physical games from here on out. The games recently have gone that way. The referees don’t want to be the focus by taking players out of the games. I am glad to see some of the post defenders who typically get the offensive fouls.....marginal flops........were no-calls several times recently. Trust me.....referees do allow more physical play in play-offs and tournaments. The stakes are higher for teams, coaches, players and referees. In one huddle, Aston acknowledges the more physical play and tells em to play through it. Baylor’s big posts will benefit tremendously in my opinion. Our bigs will also benefit in the next tournament but unfortunately the Baylor posts are at a different level right now. I think we will double team hard tonight with the double coming from different locations to keep the younger guards guessing. In my fair and biased opinion, you play the posts hard.....they are a known commodity.......and make the younger players beat you. Having Wallace out is a real benefit. I think their younger players will play well..__but in the NCAA tournament....in the later rounds is where they will miss the senior point guard. When the games are blow-outs it is easy playing point guard. When the games get tight......and there will be some for Baylor down the road.....that is where they will miss Wallace. I just hope one of those will be tonight.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yes, the defensive game plan against their post players for sure has to improve.

But, when our bigs get into foul trouble, hard to execute that gameplan with them on the bench.

And, if our guards aren't making shots they normally make, or get into foul trouble, hard to execute the offensive gameplan.

• Like Like x 3
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

So true, Moooooo.

• Like Like x 1
  28. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Let's Go Horns! Do this!!

• Like Like x 1
  29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Okay, Lashann, we see you!!! Keep driving!!

30. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

K. Mulkey say some crazy stuff when reporter's interview her in games.
    She is so mess. I did not like how she try to talk about Texas at the halftime interview.
    I hope we beat the brakes off of Baylor.
    I use to like Kim for Baylor.
    Not anymore.

• Like Like x 1