Big 12 tournament

Discussion in 'Softball' started by BabHorn, May 11, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Horns beat ISU 7-0.
    OU up at 2pm on Fox College Sports Central on Spectrum 373.

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ouch. Horns go down 10-1 after a three run homer in the bottom of the six ended the game.

Next game for the Horns will be Sat. at 1:30 PM vs the #2 team in Pool B, most likely OSU. The game will be on FCS.

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Can't say I'm surprised with today's results. Now 4-17 against ranked teams and likely to be 4-18 after tomorrow. So frustrating.

4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Pool B is confusing.

Baylor->beat->OSU
    Tech->beat->Baylor
    OSU->beat->Tech

Every team is 1-1 and so Texas Softball twitter is guessing that they maaaaaay play Tech tomorrow?

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'm guessing it would go to run differential to break the tie? If that's the case then we would be playing Tech.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Funny, ISU was hanging with OU 4-4 until about 7 minutes ago and OU took a 7-4 lead.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yep, Horns playing Tech for 3rd/4th place at 1:30 PM on FCS. Horns swept Tech 3-0 in their league series played in Austin.

8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

That's what they (OU) do. They have got confidence, and more importantly, the best coaching. Sigh.

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Texas takes down Tech for 3rd place.

Round and round and round we go, what regional we land in we do not know.....

10. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Which is worse, a regional (we have to go to) hosted by Baylor or A&M?

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

In my opinion aggy is much tougher than Baylor. Baylor has a decent team, but if you look at their schedule they haven't beaten many ranked opponents either. Their schedule may actually be softer than ours. With them sweeping us already I'd say they are ripe for picking off.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

13. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

No cake walk here. I'm guessing we win one game.

Seattle Regional – May 18-20 at Seattle, Washington

No. 5 seed Washington* (44-8) vs. Boise St. (40-14)

Texas (32-24) vs. Minnesota (39-15)

15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I looked at the bracket and thought, "Hmmmm....." And then I read that Minnesota won the Big 10. That made me think, "Hey". I then dug deeper into the other brackets and saw teams I didn't even know field softball teams and then it dawned on me. We're considered the first-round pushover game that we used to chuckle at, when looking past them to see who we (UT) would play the next day. We're now equivalent to Fordham or Sacramento State. Sigh.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Only the top four Big 12 teams got in and only OU was among the top 16. Sobering when one considers that Tx State might end up having a better record than Texas in the NCAAs this year. They certainly have a better season record.

Hoping the Horns find a consistent offense and make a nice run in the NCAAs.

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They win 1 game and Clark is probably safe; 2 games and Clark is safe for next season. The same thing happened with Kelly in Soccer this past season. The body of work did not support keeping the coach, but the current season's success earned the coach another year.

18. Vol Horn 4 Life

Sadly I think I agree with you. I dont think we win two games, but I've been wrong before. Boise has a solid record, but I'm not sure they are really that good. I'm hoping CDC will notice the trend of being the first round patsie every year.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  19. utwheels86

utwheels86 25+ Posts

To me, they need to get past the first weekend for Clark to be truly safe. Too many flame-outs at this time of year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vol Horn 4 Life

"TEXAS SOFTBALL IS IN!!!"

Ok, I'm obviously ready for this thing to start so we can see what actually happens. I say that because I keep thinking about the line quoted above. It should never come as so much of a surprise that you yell that statement in all caps with three exclamation points. Like a big weight was lifted off their shoulders because they actually made it.

• Like Like x 1