Big 12 Tournament

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by loyallonghorn, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Has a Non-First Team All Big 12 pick ever won MOP for the tourney? #FUB12

• Beating Baylor - sweet
    • Winning the B12 Championship - sweeter
    • Keeping Baylor from a 1-seed - icing on the cake! :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Rori had 0 turnovers against Iowa St and Baylor (two Top Ten teams) in the tournament. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I agree with your assessment of Colleen’s post game interview. She was very gracious after a disappointing loss.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Smith was only out 7 mins - and only 4 due to the charge. Our win wasn’t about her being out. Baylor was down 7 when she went out and she wasn’t having a good game. They were only down 11 when she came back in and had a better game.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  8. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

You guys are right. I have become an instant fan of Nicki Collen. She was so honest and so respectful of us and all the Big 12 teams. No snark, no excuses, no talk about who is the sheriff in town. Her job has to have been a hard one, as she talked about a little.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Sadly she will lose some of the Bear fan base. Baylor likes them salty, closed minded and petty. Maybe if she starts shopping for clothes at Hobby Lobby and make-up at Sherwin- Williams they’ll stick with her.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Watching her handle the interview with class and grace just reminds me of how much I strongly dislike Mulkey. I really hope we meet up with them in the tournament but first we have to take care of the first two rounds:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And played all 85 minutes! :coolnana:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A possibility that immediately came to mind was Tynice Martin the year WV won the Big12 tourney so I checked - nope, she was 1st Team All Big 12. I looked a bit and found Jessica Morrow (Baylor) was named tournament MOP in 2008-2009 and, according to her draft bio, was only ever an Honorable Mention to the All Big12 teams.

While looking I saw that Dionnah was the 2004 tournament MOP.

Big 12 Conference Women's Basketball Tournament - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yes, please do, but do it on some other message board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Game highlights in case they weren't already posted:

• Like Like x 8
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

One of my favorite moments of the game didn't actually happen during a play; it happened afterwards.

If you look at the highlight reel after Rori made the scoop shot to end the first half, pay attention to how ALL our players sprinted to the locker room with so much energy. Meanwhile, Baylor's players are headed to the locker room with barely a jog, if that. We took all the momentum to the locker room. Huge moment, IMO.

• Like Like x 8
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

My favorite play was Gaston's monster swat of the shot attempt by Bickle, who incidentally talks a lot of trash on social media. :lmao:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Great observation! I was turned to my right watching Rori and when I turned to the left I couldn’t believe how far on the court the whole team had gotten. And for just a tiny split second I had a scary thought that they had left the bench too quick!

It was wild and the BU fans were a little shell shocked at that moment. Texas did a good job of keeping their fans out of the game for the most part which was fun to watch.

sidenote: I spoke of a KSU fan that sat just down and across the aisle from me on Friday night that was beside himself the whole game and I thought he might have a heart attack. I moved to a few seats over for the BU game and guess who ended up in my very seat? I pointed out the irony to my friend with me. His wife clapped for Texas quite a bit and I could tell they were actually hoping Texas would beat Baylor. They clearly enjoyed watching the Texas defense as they made several plays right in front of us that I saw them marveling at. So don’t tell Fennelly or Mittie that because they said it’s no fun for the fans watching a game like Texas plays,

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Have never taken a look.

But, so glad she had zero points against us yesterday.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I've stumbled across a couple of really snarky posts from her specifically about Texas - I guess she has the time to tweet when other players are starting.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Rori, " We had Texas Fight"
    We're not done"
    :coolnana::clap::coolnana:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Jaydoclonghorn

Jaydoclonghorn < 25 Posts

I noticed the same thing...very curious what's up with her. You think she is transferring already???

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, she was on the bench for our final home game against Okie State.

Her absence could be illness or family-related. Or, maybe she went back to Australia for Spring Break which started Friday; that would be odd considering it's the heart of the post-season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Austin Bear

Austin Bear < 25 Posts

I disagree.
    1. I love basketball -- men's and women's. As a Bear, I'm a fan of Baylor first, not just of any single coach.
    2. I really like Coach Vic Schafer's coaching and have been a fan for many years. I ran into him at a car dealership here in Austin and told him so.
    3. Texas played with CVS's intensity and defense and deserved to win. Kudos.
    4. Kim Mulkey CHOSE to leave Baylor. The fans will not. We're very thankful for the character, intellect, class and approachability of Nikki Collen. She might dip a year or two, but in Baylor fashion, will rise to the top. Good grief -- look at football -- Baylor bounces back! haha
    5. I really hope the Longhorns meet LSU in the Sweet 16. I'm counting on the Longhorn defense and intensity and will be rooting for the conference, the state of Texas and yes - the Longhorns - in that game.
    6. One more reminder -- Baylor is the first Big12 school ever to win the conference championship in one year in FB, WBB, and MBB. Sic'Em.

Congrats to the Longhorns on a well-deserved win. They earned it on the floor!

Oh - and WCBBNut -- looks like Kim Mulkey lives rent free in your head. You might want to get some therapy for that. Just let her go!!! We did!

• Like Like x 6
    • poop poop x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

What a classy classy interview! She said all the right things and I have a new found respect for Coach Nicki Collen!!
    Best quote of the interview from Coach Collen: "I wanted to live to beat Texas again!" Isn't it great to be the team EVERYONE wants to beat!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

classic lol

27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Mulkey is soon to be a regular conference opponent we can love to hate her as long as we damn well want in my book. Acting like Baylor fans take the high road is a laughable fantasy btw

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Nope. I'll be right here on THIS message board. You don't run nor control a damn thing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Why would we need to be reminded about that? That's a great accomplishment, but a bit skewed. Since the automatic bid goes to the conference TOURNAMENT champion, that would be Kansas in men's hoops, and Texas in women's hoops.

And, even though your men's hoops team tied with Kansas with the best conference record, they had the tie-breaker and earned the #1 seed in the conference tourney. So, all things considered, Kansas is the men's hoops champ this year.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not even close. Every day someone on your message board is pining away for Mulkey. Several regular posters left the board completely after Mulkey departed. So, if they left the message board, they might have left supporting the program, as well; just sayin' . . .

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1