Big 12 Tourney

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by hornsfanbaseball, May 22, 2016.

1. hornsfanbaseball

hornsfanbaseball < 25 Posts

Obviously have to win the tournament to get into the NCAA Regionals, but Texas isn't as large of a long-shot as you might think. The draw actually sets up favorably for the Horns if they can get hot like last year. The Saturday win against Baylor with the offense coming alive could be a start, and the ball will be jumping a little more in Oklahoma City than it does at home in Austin.

WEDNESDAY, 7:30: vs Oklahoma State (2-seed): Horns likely will have Cooper on short rest here, and he actually went 6 innings with 0 earned runs against Oklahoma State back in April. The problem was he matched up against an on-fire Hatch, and this time they will likely face Jensen Elliott, who has struggled with command lately and has been very up-and-down in 2016. Oklahoma State just lost 2/3 to Oklahoma, so this is a game the Horns could very well steal. If they do...

They'll likely get TCU, and TCU doesn't have much to play for this tournament and I believe are dealing with some injuries on the mound. Texas also swept them earlier this year.

I like the bracket the Horns are in, and if they can find a way to steal game one from Oklahoma State, they could make a run. I probably am being a bit optimistic, but it's not as far of a long-shot as we might think.

2. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

OSU and TCU are fighting to host a regional.

TCU is right on the cusp for that and can't afford to bomb out of the Big 12 Tournament.

OSU may need to win the Tournament to host a regional, at least make the Championship game.

The only thing that got hot in the Tournament last year, was the starting pitching.

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

"Texas is a longer-shot than you might think". There I fixed it for you.

Unlike last season the entire team has quit. Texas needs to get the next two losses behind them ASAP so decisions and actions can be made and planning for 2017 can begin with a fresh page as a 32 loss season cannot go unpunished.

• Like Like x 2