Big 12 Tourney

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Creek, May 25, 2022.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

If I had to guess I think Texas will be the 12 or 13 seed and matched up with an east coast or west coast team for the supers, though frankly anyone but Tennessee or Oregon State is ok with me. If I really am being honest I would also prefer to avoid a blood sport kind of super down in collieville. Of course all of that presumes the Horns can win a home regional which with this pitching staff is not a given.

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Horns are in the MONEY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

There's no place I'd rather be on regionals weekend than sweltering in the sun/heat, first base side, Disch-Falk Field!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

In the Big 12 Tournament game I saw in person, they skipped the National Anthem. What’s with that???

5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

At the next Johnny Allstaff game we have (probably game 3 of the Austin Regional), I say we go with Olivarez to start and for as long as he’s throwing well. He’s screwed up the least of all our bullpen pitchers this year, and his stats are by far the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Yesterdays starter did well for two innings, seems that’s about as long as our relievers can go.

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Wonder why Nixon went from being one of the best relievers Texas has had, to one of the worst.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Purely a guess, but I suspect opposing teams have learned how to read him, so batters know what's coming. Maybe he has a tell or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Good scouting reports and opposing batters aren’t chasing his pitches down low and in the dirt.

10. tchill

tchill 25+ Posts

All this talk about the pitching, and deservedly so. But in two of the weekend games the vaunted offense only put up one run.

11. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

True. And many times had runners on base with less than two outs and couldn’t get them home. Frustrating, but I still have faith that the offense will score runs

12. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

"Hitting is like the tides. First there's high tide, then there's low tide, then there's high tide again." - Jack Elliott

13. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

The word "vaunted" implies that this team's offense is over-hyped. The team batting average, currently at .315, is practically tied with the best team batting average of the last 25 years (.316 for the 2007 team), and within spitting distance of the all-time record team batting average at Texas (.325 in 1975). But sure, let's complain about the hitting this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

What I didn’t really want to see is that IF we make it to Omaha, first team we have to face is Tennessee. Not that I’m scared but damn, Tennessee, Oregon st and Texas may be the three best teams in this tournament and have to meet up that quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

I like our odds with Hansen on the mound (in fact, we already beat Tennessee this year with Hansen on the mound). After that, of course, things get sketchy, but it would be great if we could send the Vols into the loser's bracket that first game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
  16. tchill

tchill 25+ Posts

vaunted
    adjective
    1. Highly or widely praised or boasted about.
    No it doesn't. The second OSU game was 9-2. Two runs would have been enough to win both of the games mentioned. It's team sport.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The committee will do that because it makes for good ratings.

18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I'm going to miss this conference,
    Its umps and refs,
    The cordial hospitality and class of the opposing fan bases,
    Its appreciation for all things pertaining to The University of Texas,
    and the vibrant cities for road games/road trips.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Well, at least we get to take this with us.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1