Big 12 WBB Standings

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Dec 5, 2019.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Going to be a long and stressful year for us true Orange Bloods!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. airtightskipole

airtightskipole 25+ Posts

Puke

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

After beating us and OU, Kansas is up on OKST 27-11. Aniya Thomas who lit us up is from Duncanville, would’ve been nice to have gotten her. She’s looking gooood

5. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

And Kansas takes it 77-69!

6. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Tech up 64-51 over TCU nearing the end of the 3rd. Anyone..

7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Lead cut to three with 2:30 to play

8. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

Tech holds off TCU to win 87-83.

9. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Tech wins, & TCU has now lost two straight after starting 11-3 in the B12. With us still having a game against Baylor, TCU looks to be locked in 2nd place, this loss only hurts us.

10. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I'm confused. How does the TCU loss hurt us? Because they won't be ranked anymore?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Lowers TCU’s RPI and thus reduces the RPI bump up for Texas is my thought. It is all about NCAA resume at this point. There is no realistic way for Texas to finish better than third in conference. Interesting result anyway. Tech is in bottom half of conference; yet they swept TCU who is in second place.

12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Not saying it’s going to happen, but if we win the next two and they lose the next two...

13. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Anything is possible, but it isn’t likely..

and yes it makes our win over TCU not as good in the committees eyes, if they can lose to Tech twice, losing to us isn’t a stretch either. On the other hand, all of the B12 teams have beaten up on each other so it’s probably not a big difference maker. As one poster commented our losses to Hawaii and KU, Hawaii especially, are going to greatly hurt our bid. I would love to see us get a 7 seed, but frankly we don’t deserve it. We deserve to have a tougher road in the tournament, we’ve played uninspired ball far too often.

still hard to believe the season has gone how it has, this was supposed to be our best year, in comparison to the next couple without our senior leaders. Let’s hope that isn’t the case. If so, it’s gonna be a long next couple seasons in Austin. Luckily, we are getting a good PG and a good 4 next season, all hope is not lost.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  14. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Keep hope alive!:smile1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Kansas up 10 with 5 minutes to go on TCU

16. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Didn’t TCU just beat Oklahoma tonight?