Big XII Baseball Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, May 24, 2017.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The Big XII games are also on FSSW+ and online at FoxSportsGo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Viper,

Is FSSW+ a TV channel. If so, where is it on Comcast?

It should be inconceivable to me that Fox Sport Southwest is televising the ACC tournament live from Loserville, and I can't get the Big XII Tournament except on my laptop. I say "should be inconceivable" because nothing done by the Las Colinas Cretin Corp surprises me anymore. Oh well, I haven't checked the lineup, but I am anxiously awaiting Syr-excuse & ND Lite from Loserville, IF either or both have a team.

4. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

It was rained delayed, starting now.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That's how you start, Horns!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, Huma, I had left my computer on and it finally popped up for the pregame.

7. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Kasey Clemens showed up tonight! :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Lost coverage from fox. Bottom of 8th with 2 outs. :brickwall:

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

OU batter struck out. Clemens led off with a double then got picked off second by catcher. Gurwitz singled and Boswell walked. That's where we are - stuck with a bunch of halfwits in Las Colinas that can't even negotiate a TV or radio contract. Also noticed that 104.9 cut away for some ******** talk show.

Reynolds has walked to load the bases.

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

E-5 lets two runs score, now 8-4 with two on and one out

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Todd walked, bases loaded, two down

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Kody flies out to LF 8-4 going to bottom of 9

mc, you still here or does anyone care?

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

8-4 final, Ridgeway came in to pitch the last inning. Only faced three batters.

14. hornsfan1026

hornsfan1026 25+ Posts

I have Dish and I found the game on both channels 447 and 448. Not sure the next game will be there, but you can go to channel 416 and then scroll up til you find it.

Hope this helps.

Hook you!

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Propaganda from Fox says Channel 110 (http://www.rangerfans.com/stuff/foxsportssouthwestplus.pdf). Also it was on one of the Fox College Sports channels that are shown to be on Comcast in Houston.

16. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns with huge 8-4 win and with Kansas upsetting TCU that sets up a winners bracket game at 7:30 tonight with the Jayhawks that is between two teams fighting for a tourney berth. I believe the Horns are in but would be nice to even series with Jayhawks and prevent them from winning Big XII tournament and grabbing one of the at large spots that the Horns are in line for.:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, Sabrehorn. I went to bed after top of ninth.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, Viper,

It is on today, but was not last night. I contacted Comcast, and they apologized by telling me it would be fixed, and they were "giving" me a "free gift" of 30 days of Starz, Showtime & HBO. In the meantime, Fox ended the online feed in the eighth inning for some crap show.

It makes no sense to me, that I could watch the ACC 8-9 hour marathon of ND/FSU, complete with garage fill-ins because of rain delays, while the people in Tallahassee and the east coast were blacked out. Why didn't they put the Big XII Tournament on as a filler?

There was, however, great comedy with the Loserville ground crew, that didn't know how to roll out the tarp - Keystone Cops or Aggie engineers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Updates for KU game tonight would be mucho appreciado!

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Horns up 4-0 after 2. Another fast start.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4-2 Horns after 4 innings. Kody Clemons having a horrible tourney. Has not produced anything in 1.5 games but outs.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Horns up 5-2 after 6. Squander 2 players in scoring position with 1 out. Kody now 0-8 or 0-9 for tourney. Multple strikeouts with runners in scoring position or hitting into double plays. Painful.

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

5-2 heading to 9th. Kody got on base finally with BB. Bases loaded with 1 out for the Horns in bottom 8th, but no runs after 2 weak infield outs.

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Horns win 5-4, but not after some suspense. 1 on and 2 outs for Kansas. Next batter crushes it to left field. 5-4. Next batter hits fly ball to warning track in right field. Pretty close to tying it up after Horns leave many many on base. Should have been 9-4. Horns made it close for Kansas.

• Like Like x 4
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas off today. Gets the winner of Kansas/TCU at 12:30 on Saturday (where Kansas/TCU would have to win that game and another at 7:30 to advance). Texas wins either to advance to the CCG.

• Like Like x 2
  26. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Texas gets huge win to move to semifinal round and will have two chances tomorrow to make final against winner of KU and TCU who play today. I always felt that two wins in OKC absolutely clinched berth and with that having been accomplished, the rest is gravy though winning this thing could well now be about moving up in seeding and a better regional than having to go to Corvallis or Louisville as some of the projections have forecast.:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  27. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

If (and i know it is a big if with how we have been leaving runners on base), but if we win the B12 Tourney, is it out of the question that we could be selected to host a regional?

28. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Even winning the tournament wont get Texas a regional, the Horns finished sixth in the Big XII and even with a very strong conference that should put five teams in the tournament it wont be enough to host, but it should move the Horns to a 2 seed in a better regional than Corvallis or Louisville. Whoever gets Texas as a two seed will not be happy.

Baseball America has Texas as two seed in Baton Rouge. http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/projected-field-64-may-24/#SAujmqXlgKxImCKY.97

29. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Our RPI is 16 as of today so it seems like we should get a regional if we win the Big 12 Tournament.

30. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Used to be schools would bid to NCAA to compete for regionals, right?, that is $ guarantee by the school?