Big XII Baseball Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, May 19, 2018.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Bracket set:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211716448

Wednesday, May 23
    Session One
    Game 1: No. 4 Oklahoma vs. No. 5 Baylor - 9:00 a.m. (FCS)
    Game 2: No. 1 Texas vs. No. 8 Kansas - 12:30 p.m. (FCS)

Session Two
    Game 3: No. 2 Oklahoma State vs. No. 7 West Virginia - 4:00 p.m. (FCS)
    Game 4: No. 3 Texas Tech vs. No. 6 TCU - 7:30 p.m. (FCS)

Thursday, May 24
    Session Three
    Game 5: Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser - 9:00 a.m. (FCS)
    Game 6: Game 3 Loser vs. Game 4 Loser - 12:30 p.m. (FCS)

Session Four
    Game 7: Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner - 4:00 p.m.
    Game 8: Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner - 7:30 p.m.

Friday, May 25
    Session Five
    Game 9: Game 7 Loser vs. Game 5 Winner - 3:15 p.m.
    Game 10: Game 8 Loser vs. Game 6 Winner - 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, May 26
    Session Six
    Game 11: Game 7 Winner vs. Game 9 Winner - 9:00 a.m.
    Game 12: Game 8 Winner vs. Game 10 Winner - 12:30 p.m.

Session Seven
    *Game 13: Winner Game 11 vs. Loser Game 11, If Necessary - 4:00 p.m.
    **Game 14: Winner Game 12 vs. Loser Game 12, If Necessary*** - 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, May 27
    Session Eight
    Game 15: Championship Game - 1:00 p.m.

Times listed in Central.

• Like Like x 3
  3. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  4. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Baylor beats the land thieves 4-0 in Game 1. The Bears have been on fire lately. I think they must be cheating.

5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Crap. We just lost to Kansas 3-2. We left the tying run on 3rd in the bottom of the 9th.

6. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Yea. Batter layed off a slow breaking curve right over the plate, chased a bad pitch outside and then a nubber to short. The previous batter hit the first pitch, moved runners to third and home and last batter is looking on a pitch he could drive. I hate to see batters caught looking in critical bats.

7. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

I had a bad feeling about this game.....it had “trap” written all over it. We clearly had a let down after such an emotional high from last week. KU played with nothing to lose and we seemed to play like we had nothing to gain. And now we have OU @ 9:00am tomorrow with the loser going home. I hope a 2 & BBQ doesn’t eliminate our regional hosting opportunity.

8. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

We started our bullpen instead of one of our regular starters. I hate it when coaches do that, thinking they're going to save our best for last. Just win the freaking game in front of you, and figure out the other ones later.

• Like Like x 3
  9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Overthinking a situation never works.

11. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I do not disagree about starting the bullpen, but they only gave up 3 runs. Our bats should have been able to do better than 2 runs against Kansas. I think we only had 2 hits going into the 9th.

• Like Like x 2
  12. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

This^^^

• Like Like x 2
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

How many times have we gone to Omaha and watched our bats go dead? The beauty of the old format of the World Series was you needed 7-9 pitchers in Omaha - we had them. Remember right field with Dennis Cook and Steve Labay coming in for one batter? Now we don't. The bats go dead, and we go home.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Can't blame pitching when only give up 3 runs, it was right call just not right result. Horns were due for a let down and it happened, Texas should still be regional host regardless of what happens today or rest of tournament.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Phil Elliott

After beating TCU I said all we needed to do was win 1 game at Ok City to nail a host spot, I hope we can get that today.

16. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

after TCU run-ruling tech late last night, ALL of the higher seeded teams LOST yesterday

17. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

I don't think anybody likes these tournaments: players, coaches or fans (how many of you are at that ballpark bright and early this morning to watch a baseball game?). The only teams with any motivation are the lower seeds hoping to get on a lucky run that earns them a spot in the big tournament.
    Was it? Why not go with your Sunday starter, Blair Henley, who pitched 7 shutout innings against the Jayhawks in a 4-0 win earlier in the season.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  18. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Ouch! That hurt.

19. Phil Elliott

Horns down 1-3 to OU in the 7th and Coach Pierce has been tossed.

20. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Unless we have a comeback, “we came, we stunk, we left” sums up this Big 12 Tournament.

21. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

22. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

2 and Que, if they were going to have a letdown weekend, this was weekend to have it. I still think 37 wins and winning regular season title is enough to get host slot but this puts just enough doubt in to make me nervous.

23. LonghornMD

LonghornMD 100+ Posts

Granted I didn't get to watch the tourney games (most of us work ;)). But the blame for going 2-and-out rests squarely at the feet of the coaches. Major letdown after a tremendous last couple of weeks to finish out the regular season. The team was as hot as any team in the country. And then this happens. I'm still optimistic about our post season. But Pierce needs to get his act together. Keeping his team focused and on point is job #1 for a coach in this situation. What a waste of a huge wave of momentum.

24. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Last one seed and only other one seed to go two and que at Big XII tourny was TCU in 2015, those Frogs bounced back and went to Omaha losing in national semifinals to Vanderbilt for top 3 finish. So while it stinks to be out this quick, everything and I mean everything is before them starting next week.

25. LonghornMD

LonghornMD 100+ Posts

Agreed. Let's just hope they take it as such.

26. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

TCU won 41 regular season games that year and hosted a regional and SR. So, their 2 + Q in the tourney was insignificant. Though we still have a shot at hosting, I think our 2 + Q may impact us...that is , I don't think we are a lock to host. I guess we just wait until Sunday/Monday.

27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

How the F can this happen as a one? I had higher expectations after the season and got burned. Thought for sure we'd win a couple.

28. Phil Elliott

I thought going in we just needed 1 win to be a lock for hosting a regional. We are still in the hunt, hopefully CDC can money-whip them with out bid to get it done.

In the 8th inning, we had the leadoff batter walk, then the 3-4-5 hitters up behind him. They did not even move him off of 1st base. WTH?

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Oh No - we suck again!

• Like Like x 1
  30. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

We host. We're Texas. (Repeat over and over). Still walking away with Regular Season Championship Rings, Player of the Year and Coach of the Year.

June matters.

:hookem2: