Biggest invasion by visiting fans...

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LHABSOB, Sep 6, 2019.

1. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I will be curious tomorrow to see how many fans are in Purple and Gold. Sure seems like we have a lot of greedy season ticket holders who have unloaded their tix for the big bucks.

It made me stop and think about the games I have been to that had the most visiting fans. Domers were a decent turn out in 2016 but the one that jumps out to me is tosu back in 2006. The probably had 20k fans in the stadium and at least another 40k that invaded the city. Both dirty 6th and new 6th were completely invaded with their fans that weekend.

#TBT: No. 1 Ohio State beats No. 2 Texas in 2006, launches Troy Smith’s Heisman campaign

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I shall challenge the 20,000 fat polyester wearing people from the rust belt. I was there, and it was much closer to 5,000 than to 20,000.

:hookem2:

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I was standing in line for a porta pottie at one of the lots with couch burners in front and back of me.So I tried to be nice and tell them I hoped they would enjoy their stay. All told me they loved the place and everyone was so friendly
    I asked where their seats were. None of the 4 in line had seats and were not going to buy any.
    They just drove down from Columbus to tailgate and watch the game on tv in the parking lot.:idk:

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Damn!! That's a long drive to watch on TV. Did they bring couches with them to burn? Seems tOSU fans burn couches win or lose. Some tradition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

I attended the '06 game against tOSU and do not recall 20,000 bozos in the stands either.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

To be fair, the crowd that traveled down to Austin was much more cordial than the crowd we visited in Columbus. Although that may be damnation by faint praise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Unfortunately that's like saying the Bandidos and/or MS13 didn't show up.

:beertoast:

8. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

I don't recall 20,000 people wearing Johnny Utah jerseys, jorts, Crocks and necklaces made out of nuts, so there must not have been that many OSU fans that night.

- Mike

9. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

El Arroyo for the win
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And perhaps pick up a couch to burn at the discount furniture shop.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

As a general rule of thumb, the worst fans usually can't afford to travel.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Ever been around Mississippi State fans? They may have money but they look like they slept in their old truck under a bridge.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That's how they came to HAVE the money to travel...no house, no mortgage...fewer cans to have to pick up and sell to the recyclers ;)

• Funny Funny x 2