Billy Mays found dead

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by breakfast_taco, Jun 28, 2009.

1. breakfast_taco

breakfast_taco 100+ Posts

Link

I suspect Vince Offer.

The authorities will need to DNA test his ShamWow when he tried to clean up the crime scene.

2. grinder

grinder 500+ Posts

WTF! He was just on Conan a few days ago. I always got a kick how he opened each pitch with his patented "Billy Mays here!"

R.I.P.

3. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

Dropping like flies.

4. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

This makes me just as much, if not more, sad than when I heard MJ was dead. I loved Pitchmen, it was a great show. Billy seemed like a great guy.

This is insane. People are dropping like flies. So its been a game show host, model/actress, pop star, and now the infomercial king.

I hate to say it but the only thing not on that list is an athlete.

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

This makes me sad because I really liked him.

Plus Oxyclean really works.

6. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

they're saying that he was recently on a plane that blew tires upon landing, and he wasn't wearing a seat belt. Banged his noggin really hard.

Hmmm.

7. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Lost another great talent......damn you June 2009!

8. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Shouldn't the announcement be in all caps?

9. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

10. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

THAT REALLY SUCKS. BILLY SEEMED LIKE A GREAT GUY AND WAS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES.

11. Ramius

Ramius 250+ Posts

12. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

My wife and I watched an episode of Pitchmen right before bed last night. He seemed like a nice guy, and he was great at his job. I LOVED his commercials for ESPN.

[​IMG]

13. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

I wonder if pitchmen will go on? I was really wanting to get on there with some of my inventions.

14. iamhorn

iamhorn 100+ Posts

TMZ has video of him being interviewed at the airport following the flight. If the head injury is the cause of his death, that's a slow and painful way to go.

15. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

People underestimate head injuries...even something trivial like hitting your head really hard can cause hematomas in the brain...i.e. Natasha Richardson falling in a snowbank and dying a few days later from a brain hemorrage...

You just never know...however, it could be something completely unrelated like an MI or an aneurysm...

[​IMG]

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

17. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

18. WestGAHorn

WestGAHorn 500+ Posts

Damn it man, wtf is going on!!! I really liked Billy Mays, even before he started working with espn. This sucks ***. I wasn't really upset over MJ, Billy Mays though, that's a different story.

R.I.P. Billy Mays

19. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Preliminary autopsy results indicate heart disease.

20. vzhorn

vzhorn 25+ Posts

My wife and I were returning from Key West and connecting in Tampa. We heard about the plane incident from one of the airport employees. It had landed shortly before us and we were diverted to another runway. Sad about BM.

21. bub

bub 100+ Posts

I can't help celebrating. HI! I"M BILLY MAYS! Then there is me flipping the channel quickly. Sad the guy died but not sorry that his assault on my sanity is over.

22. Touchdown_Texas

Touchdown_Texas 500+ Posts