Birmingham, AL

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by hudsonhorn, Oct 14, 2009.

1. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Going to be in Birmingham for a long weekend. Anyone have info on good restaurants?

2. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

Check out Dreamland BBQ. It is right next to UAB.

3. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

If you're bored, drive thru the Mountain Brook neighborhoods. The properties are gorgeous.

4. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

drive to Tuscaloosa and eat at the original Dreamland BBQ - it's better and also an experience. If Alabama is playing a home game, then you need to go to the game.

5. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

^^^
    went to a bama game a couple of years ago with a buddy of mine.

it really is a pretty cool experience. i wore a UT hat and everyone was very cool about it.

6. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

another for dreamland. Best porkribs I have ever witnessed.

7. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

You guys were right. Dreamland was great - didn't go to Tuscaloosa as it was LSU-Bama weekend and the road south out of B'ham was a parking lot. Tickets would have been hard to come by, anyway. Turned out to be a great weekend and we did take the time to wander through Mountain Brook - some great homes and a beautiful area. Nice old antebellum mansion still open and owned by the city and some other attractions in town. Very friendly folks. Thanks, guys.

8. The Bloak

The Bloak 100+ Posts

Went to the Dreamland in Tuscaloosa earlier this week- full rack of ribs, Miller Lite, white bread and banana pudding. Damn good.

Great atmosphere and LOVE their sauce.

9. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

You blew it by drinking Miller Lite and not Yuengling.