Black Lives Matter; The Cerebral Warlords of Our Time

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by iatrogenic, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

it's
    Sometimes poop is more appropriate than WTF

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Everybody was dumb here. The pizza thieves obviously should have told the delivery driver the truth. However, the victims of the theft should never have shown up at their house. They should have called the pizza place and told them they made a mistake. I'm sure they would have brought them another one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

9C8F2C9D-020B-46A1-941E-9B2D1D595A14.jpeg

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

2 arrested in Dadeville shooting. I imagine no names due too them being minors. No mention of motive. Probably wanna be gangsters. I wonder which would have a greater impact in violent crime: A) Making firearms illegal or B) We all work together(especially black leaders) to change and eliminate the gangsta culture.
    2 teens arrested in Alabama Sweet 16 shooting that killed 4 and injured 32 (nbcnews.com)

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Article you linked now has names of the two yutes and there is also mention of someone having been barred from entrance due to having a firearm...

No photos, but the names seem to identify the demographic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Liberal: Donchya know that system is racist thus those results are expected?

9. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yeah ask Kyle Rittenhouse about no names being mentioned as a minor.

11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Motive was alluded to in one of the earlier articles when a witness said certain people were denied entrance due to carrying firearms.

Putting two and two together, these Phi Beta PuttaCappaInYoAssa candidates felt dissed at being turned away and opened fire as retaliation...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

More folks die in grain silos each year than unarmed blacks killed by police:

• Like Like x 1
  14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

15. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

16. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

17. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Fun propositions for the residents of Austin this week inspired by you can guess what.

Prop A
    Shall the voters of Austin adopt an initiated ordinance, circulated by Equity Action, that will deter police misconduct and brutality by strengthening the City’s system of independent and transparent civilian police oversight?

Prop B
    Shall the voters of Austin adopt an initiated ordinance, circulated by Voters for Oversight and Police Accountability, that will strengthen the City’s system of independent and transparent civilian police oversight?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

When in doubt, vote No on all local initiatives and bonds. And if you are considering voting for one or more of them, study them more carefully and reconsider. They're probably bad even if they superficially look good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

The background is an anti-police org got enough signatures for prop A. A pro-cop org saw that happening so they got enough signatures for prop B. It's Austin so I doubt B passes. No one knows what happens if both pass. Well, we know the courts will decide.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Police accountability is a good thing. They are more likely to get away with misconduct than be punished for something they didn't do. I support the idea or theory. However, I am not sure if the bills are any good. The "independent" oversight is probably appointed by and composed of radical leftists. So not worth it. But it would be good to have community votes or random appointments to a board like that to hear cases.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

On the bright side, enough turned out to force the end of the sidewalk camping permission that Adler, et al, allowed to fester...

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And this is what's sad. There's a real case to be made for better police accountability and criminal justice reform in general. I have no problem with ending qualified immunity, focusing attention away from incarceration for drug users and toward treatment, and improving indigent defense.

Unfortunately, "accountability" has become a euphemism for left wing crackpots pushing lawlessness and the racial politicization of justice. Accountability and reform don't mean refusing to prosecute shoplifters, going easy on true violent offenders, or pushing the laundry list of lunacy that BLM and other social justice idiots advocate.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Treatment only works if the drug user is motivated to change. Most are not, which is something we saw after State Jails were created.

The goal eas treatment and probation, but the druggie population was more like 'f*ck probation and treatment, just give me my 180 days.'

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two points on this. First, I think we need to ask how effective incarceration has been in stopping drug abuse. I don't see much evidence that it has been. Second, there are things we can do to incentivize and therefore motivate treatment.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    What are some thing we can do to incentivize and therefore motivate treatment?

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

One way even though it is cruel is to do less for the homeless. Give them those who are motivated opportunities to work and get off the street. But those who are drug addicted and resisting help shouldn't be kept alive on the backs of others working paycheck to paycheck.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I don't care if incarceration does anything to stop abuse. If they don't want treatment as a condition of probation, then incarceration is the only other viable option to at least temporarily prevent THAT individual from preying upon society through the commission of other crimes that help feed the habit.

Incentivization just means the druggies adapt to making 'promises' in order to get some manner of free crap. If they are not motivated for change, then it is a waste of time. Sometimes, a horse just doesn't want to drink, no matter HOW many times you led it to the trough.

I've had clients who ultimately realized that they either needed to make a change or they would be dead, but it wasn't a change that came through any manner of treatment. THEY had to make the decision. One moved completely out of State and realized also that they could NEVER return to the Dallas area because of negative influences there...she ultimately traded the meth addiction for a physical fitness addiction. There is still an addiction mindset, but at least physical fitness is healthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

^^^THIS

Most shelters ask two simple things of the homeless...be willing to look for work (if physically capable) and don't do drugs. Some won't even do the first but many more refuse to comply with the second.

I've got no qualms with bouncing both categories from any government-funded shelter. If a privately funded group wants to keep them, that is THEIR decision, but doesn't involve public monies...

• Like Like x 1
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    What are some thing we can do to incentivize and therefore motivate treatment?