Blow U Excuses Drivel

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BurntOrangeLH, Dec 30, 2019.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Texas needs to save the Big 12 by beating Oklahoma twice in 2020

For Texas to be back, Texas needs to take over the Big 12 so that Oklahoma will stop embarrassing it in the CFP. I think the goal for Ehlinger will be very apparent and he will do his utmost to assure that Texas dominates next year. He will not tolerate another year like this year.

Weekly Wrap 12-29-19: Lincoln Riley looks to the future

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

OU was outclassed, but two early horrific ref decisions, the non-call on obvious interference stopping an OU drive when the game was close, and bailing out LSU after their receiver ran most of his pattern out of bounds before making a drive-extending catch. The subsequent LSU touchdown started the route.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

"Blow U" consistently wins the Big 12 and is OUR representative to the rest of the country/conferences. If "we the people" don't like it, then beat "Blow U" and represent our conference to the rest of the country/conferences. Making fun of OU for consistently winning until they get to the final four makes one sound like a p**ssy. Recognize excellence. When Texas stands up and becomes elite, then the pressure will be on US...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The harsh truth is that the Horns have mostly been nationally irrelevant for a decade. That **** stings and it should never be that way at a place like UT, but here we are. Baylor is a better football program right now.

Meanwhile the Sooners are owning the Big 12 every year and making the playoffs. I’m glad LSU beat them but laughing at their loss in the College Football Playoffs for the 4th time is peak aggy.

I tip my burnt orange cap at their success and continue to hold out hope that Tom Herman will get Texas back where it belongs, and soon.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Think its pretty plain the LSU rec. was pushed OB by the BlowU defender.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I don't feel sorry for OU one bit.
    They get the benefit of lax officiating and uneven enforcement of rules all year, and they, being cheaters by nature, take full advantage of it. And so its a fitting end to their season to get blown off the field when there is non Big 12 crew and something unlike preferred treatment.

Big 12 officiating does the conference a disservice. They don't call holding all year, especially not on the Sooners because they are their favorite for the CFP. And then in the post-season the Sooners have to learn how to "block" and "cover" as opposed to hold. And they aren't prepared for it.

I agree, Texas needs to be back, and give these dirtburglars a run for their money.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

The reality is that OU benefits from a weak Big 12. They eek by each year with one loss and are picked as the 4th team when one of the other teams from a better conference slips in one of their last games. Honestly, aside from the Baker Mayfield season, OU hasn’t been a real threat since 2008. Yes, they have a lot of conference championships. But they haven’t been an elite program in a decade

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

If OU is not an elite program, then what the hell are we? I guess Texas isn't just irrelevant, Texas is completely irrelevant.

I think I would trade Alamo Bowl and Texas Bowl berths for CFP appearances.

The reality is (as someone stated above) OU has scoreboard over Texas. Nothing changes until Texas starts beating OU regularly.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yep. The inconsistent application of the rules, and the lack of calling holding in the Big 12 are ridiculous. OU is the prime beneficiary, but we hold a lot too--especially at the LT position. It doesn't help the conference in bowl or playoff games. The Big 12 needs to be calling holding the same way they do in other conferences. It wouldn't hurt bringing in some refs from other conferences to join the Big 12 crews.

For 2 basketball analogies:

1. Back 2-3 decades ago, the ACC was known to call ticky-tacky fouls on every little touch, while in the Big 10 it was "no blood, no foul." That created very different styles of play and made for some interesting match-ups in the tournament. It would be best if both conferences called it in the "middle of the road."

2. 80s and 90s NBA. The superstars, especially Jordan, but also Olajuwon, Bird, Shaq, and others, just didn't get called for travelling. But if they were even lightly touched, you can bet it was called a foul. The rules were not uniformly applied. One rule book applied to the superstars, and another rule book applied to the other 90% of players. It just about ruined the NBA for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

I agree, OU gets the benefit of the doubt and high rankings; just like when Texas got jobbed in ‘08 after kicking their *** and playing bad football for one half that entire year.

**** OU

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

“If OU is not an elite program, then what the hell are we? I guess Texas isn't just irrelevant, Texas is completely irrelevant.”

Pretty much, unfortunately

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BurntOrangeLH

Losing 4 years in a row In tbe CFP's first game is an embarrassment to the B12.

Which why Texas must reach its full potential and dominate them and any other challenger in the future. While I will acknowledge their victories over Texas, I sure as hell am not going to tip my hat.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Figure of speech. Credit where it is due.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

A few thoughts on all of this...

1. There's no coulda shoulda woulda regarding the peach bowl. That was two teams operating at different levels and if they'd have played ten times Oklahoma goes 0-10.

2. We are currently irrelevant, we continue to be irrelevant, and we've been irrelevant for a decade. Like the rest of y'all I'm all for some OU schadenfreude but the fact of the matter is they're winning conference championships and making it to the playoffs. Their performances on the biggest stage have shown they're not an elite program but they're still a far sight better than we are.

3. We do need to take the power back and none of this is going to change until we do. We've got a senior QB & more experience across the board, a coach who's been allowed to re-make his staff, and a disgruntled fan base that's not going to accept excuses next year. Nor should we.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BurntOrangeLH

I would prefer to acknowledge what strikes me as making progress from hopeless obscurity to increasing relevance.

Yes, we are 1-2 the last two years. We need to be 1-0 or 2-0 next year. Riley may leave, Rattler is good but still inexperienced. Grier is an improvement but still a middling DC. Just have to get it done with a more developed squad and a hungry senior QB.

16. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

And but for a bs “selection committee” process made up of ADs, to include the AD of OU, they would not be in the big dance that exposed their two left feet. OU should not have been in this game. They barely won several games (with bad officiating) in a very bad league. They sell themselves hard, with the help of our limp d- -k commissioner, and they lay an egg. They have always outsold other schools for national rankings, and Heisman trophies, and unfortunately outperformed the likes of Texas in what has become a second tier conference.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BurntOrangeLH

What surprises me is that no one has noted the tone of capitulation disguised by bravado in this admittedly unofficial statement. When the irrational fan base acknowledges that dimmer days may lay ahead, it is time for challengers to pounce.

I am sure that SE and some other guys are really serious about winning the B12 and going to the CFP next year. If the injuries do not recur as seriously as they did this year, I like the chances of a talented and well led squad that has that as a year long goal to motivate them. For a change, Texas will have the more experienced team next year.

18. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

The saying of the talking heads is “just let them play”. That is code for do not call holding. BS! Call the game by the rules or change the f- - -ing rules. I was coaching baseball once and complained to a plate umpire about calling everything low a strike. He made the mistake of telling me about HIS strike zone. In a bit of a lengthy and verbally abusive tirade I explained to him that HE does not have a strike zone. Baseball has a strike zone!

And football has holding guidelines. Missing a call is acceptable. Deciding not to abide by the holding guidelines by an official is not acceptable and they should get in line with the rules or hit the door.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  19. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

SEC does the same thing, and ACC probably does too. The difference is the cheating continues for the SEC and ACC throughout the play-offs, and not for the Big 12 team.

20. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Irrelevant squared.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. BurntOrangeLH

22. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Exactly! Isn't the game itself defined by its rules?

• Like Like x 1
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

24. BurntOrangeLH

Well Colt McCoy wasn't drafted until the third round by Cleveland , but Ehlinger should own his records by the end of next year hopefully.

Of course that doesn't really count with NFL Scouts but we'll see if he can make quicker reads and develops a quicker release and gets a little more oomph on his downfield passes next year. If he develops in those three areas he might be an elevated backup quarterback if not a starter eventually for an inferior team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Neither do I. Neither did LSU players..., before the game.

LSU’s Ja’Marr Chase says some OU DB’s ‘slow, have tight hips’

Watch: LSU LB calls out Oklahoma’s offense before Peach Bowl

That's some serious **** talking before a semi final game. Showed ou players NO respect, then didn't walk any of it back after the game. Hell, at least they showed Sam a lot of love after our game with them. With ou, they just laughed

26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Maybe. But they said that about a 6th Rounder once.

(No, I’m not saying that......)

27. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

To the observation that the Big-12 is a weak conference, I’d ask, compared to the ACC or the PAC?

Conferences are up and down, despite the SEC hype. Remember that their best, Alabama, was embarrassed by Clemson last year, the representative from the weakest Power 5 conference.

The fact that our conference is sending a representative to the CFP says something about the Big-12. And we should again, next year, and it should be Texas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. NorfolkVATiger

NorfolkVATiger 100+ Posts

The talk continued after the game. You might enjoy this one - Thad Moss disrepecting the Sooners' D after the game. Said (paraphrasing) "we knew beforehand, if we played our game we would hang 60 or 70 on them."

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

OU just needs to recruit better on the defensive side of the ball. They do that, look out!

• poop poop x 1
  30. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

The video says it all.

ou did a lot of talking on the field
    LSU knew they'd "score 60 or 70" on them
    ou was maybe the 5th best defense they saw

Butthurt sooners (no one in particular) may want to face the truth here. Yes, you won a weak conference but everyone knows you didn't belong on the same field as LSU. It was a complete embarrassment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1