Blow U Excuses Drivel

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BurntOrangeLH, Dec 30, 2019.

1. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

with all this $EC love going on we might as well follow the Aggies....Making fun of OU for not being able to hang with LSU? Riggghhhtt...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Agree, but all signs point to no one else in college ball belongs on the field with this LSU team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

We have no one to blame but ourselves for OUs success in the Big12. If we would get our shiite straight that wouldn't happen. However, this is true stuff right here:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I'm not so sure - having seen the OSU/Clemson game, either of those two can give LSU a good fight. LSU is favored, but I won't be totally surprised if Clemson wins.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So not much different than today's NBA then, except for the names of the superstars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Except maybe Texas and Auburn. Even Alabama was too far down too early.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BurntOrangeLH

aTm hung better than Blow U did. Think about that for a minute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Look.. I respect OU in so far as you can't argue with their consistency and dominance of the conference, BUT....
    I've been watching them for awhile and they certainly do not possess the same level of strength, confidence, swagger and toughness that elite, championship-winning teams do.
    On the contrary, I view them as a team that feins toughness and relies more on a fake bravado to try and intimidate opponents. They, at times, have some toughness on the lines, but I generally see them as a finesse program right now. In particular, the last 3-4 years I've seen where, at times, we might be a team with a little more toughness and they sense it and alot of their guys try to bow up or act tough but you can tell its fake. When a team in the Big12 quits falling for this put on act and aura of invincibility and punches them in the mouth they won't be the same. LSU talked trash and still does and, fact is, they've got some tough guys and are a tough team with attitude and back it up on the field. They are winning because they do productive things finesse teams do but they do it while being tough mentally and physically.
    I'm not saying we have to talk alot...let's leave all that crap and horns down, bowing up, tattoos twitter chirping and Texas bumper stickers to sooner. Lets build a program that can confidently go out and push someone (Sooner) around and expose them for the fraud they are BEFORE they get out of conference and show it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. zuckercanyon

Getting beat by 43 versus 35, scoring 7 and not 28

10. zuckercanyon

Someone once said "if you ain't cheatin' you're not trying hard enough"....

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

yes Texas probably hung with LSU better than any one, but that was game 2 of 12. If you cannot beat ISU , TCU and Baylor, you cannot stay on the field with LSU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BurntOrangeLH

Obviously LSU continued to progress whereas Texas was playing freshman and redshirt freshman in their secondary consistently. Also I think it's a reflection on the coaching rather than the talent because pretty much the talent was there for Texas up front even with a very young defensive line.

Nevertheless, I still agree that the trajectory is for the better and when we can stop replacing older players with even better younger players things will get even better faster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BurntOrangeLH

Ultimately true of course, but I think A&M gave A Better Effort than OU. Everyone knew that A&M wasn't that good nor that talented but everyone thought OU was good and talented. OU made Texas look like a real underperformer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. zuckercanyon

No matter how you slice it, a loss is a loss is a loss....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think there are 4 teams that are in their own category this year. LSU, clempson, tOSU and Alabama. The rest of us are in the claiming races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

*Maiden Claiming* races
    State Breds, 5 and up
    At Manor Downs, Will Rogers and the likes

Huge gap between everyone and the top 3 imo. Bama may be sliding a bit back to the pack. The guys on LHN spoke of this tonite after the game. Things can change, it's the hope we all have

17. BurntOrangeLH

Never said otherwise. It was a relative claim among LSU victories.

Pay attention, please.

18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not so sure about Alabama. Of they beat Meatchicken today that will be only win against a ranked team this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. BurntOrangeLH

Yes star ratings do not win games, players win games.

20. zuckercanyon

It so happened Alabama played unranked teams. They still won with 5s and 4s...