Bobby Reid to TSU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TSIP4LIFE, Jan 19, 2008.

1. TSIP4LIFE

TSIP4LIFE 250+ Posts

2. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass on the draft this year as well.

3. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

His new coach is a man, he's 44.

4. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

seems like a good kid. I wish him nothing but success.

5. bnaroun

bnaroun 25+ Posts

Bobby had a chance to be a Horn. But refused the offer because he felt he didn't get proper amount of respect from Mack. And it seems like only yesterday that this board was full of fans lamenting the loss.

I always thought that Reid really enjoyed telling Mack Brown to stick it. Wonder if he would handle it any differently if he had the chance.

6. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

I was one that really thought Reid was going to be a badass and wished he would have come here. Oh well.

I am a bit bummed he's going to TX Southern and not Texas State. W/ all the good transfers a couple of years ago, I was hoping SWT would become a D1 castoff school and suck up all the guys who get lost in the shuffle at big time programs.

7. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

He is a son of parents.

8. UT-69745551

UT-69745551 250+ Posts

i hope he does well. the biggest surprise to me was that he was considering declaring for the nfl draft. I doubt that he would be drafted. He may be NFL-Europe material, but that's about it.

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Why not? He has the athleticism to earn a shot in the NFL, but he won't play QB. Much like Reggie McNeal he could hang as a special teams player/WR if he caught on to the right team.

10. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

Reid is a good kid. You can't blame Gundy for going with Robinson, though. He runs that offense 10 times better.

11. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

I'm going to laugh my *** off if he can't pin down the starting job at TSU.

I remember being mildly disappointed when we didn't get him, because it seemed that he wanted to come here, but he thought we didn't recruit him enough. I wasn't worried, because we got VY the year before, but as we went a few years without signing a QB, it felt like a bigger loss?

12. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

13. bnaroun

bnaroun 25+ Posts

Ghost----you nailed it. Bobby was never quite as good as he thought he was-----or as good as the Mack Brown haters made him out to be.

14. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Wow. To Texas Southern. I sure didn't see that one coming. I wonder why he chose an 0-11 team? I bet their O-line isn't too good which means he'll be running for his life at QB.

15. whereiend

whereiend 100+ Posts

16. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

17. No ACL

No ACL 250+ Posts

18. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

I can remember when he was touted as a Heisman candidate. I would like to pat myself on the back for pointing out that he is not a very good quarterback when he was getting Heisman run.

I also wonder why TSU? 0-11.

19. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

THAT'S NOT TRUE!

so get yer facts straight...