Boise St. v. Va Tech

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by l00p, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

2. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

I agree the Texas Tech's, the Oregon St's (Boise does play them) and those type of middle of the road BCS conference teams are tougher than most of the WAC teams. However, Boise does not have the caliber of athlete that the Texas' and the Florida's have. How many Boise players ever get drafted?

I'm not playing Devil's Advocate. I just think Boise St is a really well-coached team with a lot of heart and they always impress me. I think they could hang with any team in the country at any venue.

3. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

4. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

5. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

6. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

7. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

In the past 5 years, Boise has played the following relevant football programs: Oregon, VTech, TCU, Oregon State, OU. That's basically it. Over a 5 year period. In 2008 alone we played 4 teams in the Top 11 in a span of four weeks - weeks not years. What happened when we fell one second short on the fourth game?!? We got ******.

Yes, I am a little bitter that people contemplate allowing Boise to play for a BCS title playing one meaningful game - especially when it is in week one. VaTech could easily be a 3-4 loss team this year - just don't know yet. While our schedule may not be 2008 - a month run of Tech, UCLA, OU and Nebraska (only one game at home - the easiest) is more of a schedule than BSU will play in the next three years combined. That's fine. That's a major schedule for a MNC contender. It is what it should look like. Boise's simply isn't.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

9. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

10. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts