Bomb blast hits Jerusalem

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by wewokahorn, Mar 23, 2011.

1. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

The Libyan situation could soon be old news.

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

im sure this attack will somehow be portrayed in the media as Israel's fault.

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I wasn't aware that there had been so much activity there lately. What a mess.

4. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

5. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

looks like one side is picking a fight. after the murder of the family and now this....

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Pretty sure we've seen this movie before.

7. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

8. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

9. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

half way around the world somebody got killed. And I am supposed to give a s why?

This obsession with clan rivalries in the middle east is dangerous for us.

10. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

Religion of peace...

11. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

12. jmrob93

jmrob93 Guest

Is this the same Mcbrett that seems to be on the left side of every issue? While, I agree with everything you just wrote---I hardly ever agree with much you have to say.

13. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

The Israelis also bombed and tried to sink one of our ships that was flying an American flag; and then they strafed it repeatedly and fired torpedos at it. For hours.

They are their own friends and are friendly to us because we are the only country in the world that likes them.

They are more like us than any of the other tribes in the area but that is because they are european in origin; which is the reason why all their neighbors never wanted them there in the first place.

It is too late to undo the results of the ill conceived Balfour Declaration but it is not too late to start treating them like an occasional ally. The best president we have had in my lifetime, Eisenhower, dropped a box on them when they and the Brits and French invaded Egypt in the '50s. He understood that their interests and ours do not always overlap. Our presidents since have let us be the dog the Israeli tail wags as it pleases.

The virtual blackout on discussions of Israeli transgressions in this country does not serve the best interests of either country. Amazingly, if you want to read critiques of their fundamentalist government you have to read the Israeli press rather than ours, which is just as subservient as our spineless government.

14. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

The Israelis also bombed and tried to sink one of our ships that was flying an American flag; and then they strafed it repeatedly and fired torpedos at it. For hours.

that must have been one hell of a tough ship.

15. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Huisache- I've read about the naval incident- it's not as cut and dry as you note, and there are certainly some unanswered questions. Ask yourself this question- assuming Israel is rational- why would they attack their most important ally? It doesn't make sense- there are some conspiracy theorists taking some liberties in this story. Many people believe it is pilot error on identifying the ship.

jmrob- ever consider the fact that maybe I'm not really that left, or that maybe some people aren't all one ideology or nothing?

16. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

17. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Pilot error does not continue for hours, as was the case when the Liberty was attacked. And try to find one member of the crew of that ship who thinks it was an accident. And it was not just one pilot. There were numerous planes involved.

18. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Pilot error does not continue for hours, as was the case when the Liberty was attacked. And try to find one member of the crew of that ship who thinks it was an accident. And it was not just one pilot. There were numerous planes involved.

this story is complete bs. this battle if remotely true, would have lasted about 30 seconds, not hours.

19. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

i am with McBrett on this....while i don't want to turn a blind eye to Israel's sins in all of this...it seems that year after year we read of repeated terrorist attacks by militant Muslims on civilians in Israel....or by Hezbollah or by Hamas....and then when Israel gets fed up and actually responds militarily, we see a sudden bursting forth of journalists writing articles condemning Israel for being too harsh in their response. why is this? gets very old!

20. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts