Boomer Sooner

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by billygoat hill, May 26, 2012.

1. billygoat hill

billygoat hill 250+ Posts

Have to root for the sooners tomorrow or we're toast. Sad but true.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

many believe that we are already done and would embarrass ourselves if we move on.

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I agree with loop on a lot of things, but I sadly have to say this is one of them.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I don't know if any extra play or practice fixes whatever ails the team. Is it youth? Will they gain much experience traveling and possibly flaming out? Unless they make it all the way to Omaha is there anything positive? The same is said with basketball. I think it is different with football where you get a few weeks of practice and meetings, cutting the gap till Spring ball by a good margin. Don't know this helps the baseball team.

I don't want them not to go either. I am indifferent and will cheer them on regardless. I would not bet on them, however. Not now.

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I would always rather make the tournament than not. So holding my nose to say go OU. Now I feel dirty.

6. billygoat hill

billygoat hill 250+ Posts

Tigers hold on 8-7 and go out winners, unlike aggy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we are still in due to minimal tournament upsets and our 3rd place regular season finish. We'll see tomorrow.

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

It basically comes down to us or OU, Texas finished ahead of OU in regular season and swept the series with them but OU finished better and has higher RPI so we will see, hard to see big XII getting five teams in so unless the selection cmte decides the Horns get in over OU the 13 year tournament streak may be over. [​IMG]

8. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

I think OU is in and that Mizzou getting the automatic bid all but eliminates any chance of the 'Horns getting in. The only saving grace for Texas could be that they would put more butts in seats than any other team on the bubble. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

9. tsquar

tsquar 250+ Posts

Oh ****, this is a *****.