Bound To Upset Some ....

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BurntOrangeLH, Jun 19, 2020.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

... but UT and Longhorn athletes celebrate Juneteenth Rejoice or grind your teeth as your disposition dictates.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

You and longesthorn must have a bet on who can be the most abrasive and obnoxious.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Why would anyone gnash teeth? It's a good celebration. Who cares?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You're right. This whole thread insinuates that anyone who is not happy with the other things going on with the players and "requests" must be upset that slavery ended and Texas slaves learned of it on Juneteenth.

Pretty ******, really.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Moved to West Mall, please keep the politics out of sports forums @BurntOrangeLH

• Like Like x 4
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I approve of all demonstrations that don’t involve violence, rioting, looting or lewd behavior.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

And be a sponsor not a mooch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

It's hypocritical to celebrate one groups history while destroying another groups history. It's actually very Nazi to do so. But that isn't a black people thing that is a leftist thing. I saw enough white people doing this crap to not blame this on black people but to blame this on our leadership for not shutting this down.

These last few weeks have proven one important thing. America has lost it's balls. Or more specifically people in our major cities have lost their balls. If China or Russia invaded these same leaders would become collaborators.

I don't tear down other peoples monuments or history, but the irony of this isn't lost on me. Just more proof that Black privilege is real and good, while if there is a white privilege it is bad.

Juneteenth = Good
    4th of July = Bad

George Floyd = Good
    George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson = bad

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

When I was a little kid I remember my Mom telling me it was JUNETEENTH!!! I asked what that was..."The day the blacks in Texas found out they were not slaves anymore....can you imagine what a wonderful day that was for them!!! "...we went off to Weingartens to get a watermelon to celebrate....she always shared stories about black people and how much she had loved this one or that one.... ALWAYS in a positive light always engaging with black ladies when we were out shopping or wherever...because of her lessons I never knew racism...EVER....just the opposite....so THANKFUL for that blessing.....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's hilarious how you pretty much shame anybody who posts something stupid that isn't a sponsor. It's ok to mooch if you don't say stupid ****. If you say stupid ****, you better pay up. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's just pretentious, liberal self-righteousness and shallowness. If you don't want to destroy your culture and country, you must hate anything and everything black. It's stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You get it. The random 25+ poster is ok, but even the 2,500 + sponsors who I might mostly agree with are annoying. This is a great site, but Dion can’t do it for free. Time for all regulars to be sponsors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You believe there has to be either celebration or hate which shows you are ignorant. I’m happy to have Juneteenth be a national holiday or really make December 6th a holiday. We should also make May 5th and March 2nd national holidays in my book. But you keep pushing ignorant division - that’s what being woke is. We look forward to you sponsoring though first. Ask mom for an allowance raise. Don’t be a mooch.

• Like Like x 2
  14. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

We were all freed on that day in 1865. Slavery was a curse on blacks and whites as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Funny no one mentions that the EP did not free slaves in northern states.
    Would not fit their narrative.

• Like Like x 1