Bowl Eligible

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by CanaTigers, Oct 31, 2013.

1. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

It's been awhile but the Mean Green are bowl eligible once again after beating Rice tonight. The defense stopping them 8 plays in a row when they had first and goal at the 1 was unbelievable and Brelan Chancellor is a lot of fun to watch.

2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

With a win today TEXAS becomes bowl eligible. Most would say big deal, yet they'd also be forgetting this was seen as a longshot after Ole Miss loss. Not many thought we could beat KSU, OU, OSU, Tech, and Baylor. Those likely losses would have landed us at 5-7.

Go Texas, beat Kansas, become bowl eligible! [​IMG]

3. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

My sister in law and her husband are both graduates of unt. When McCarney was hired I told them that I had no Robby's he's do great things for that program.

McCarney is a damn good coach.

4. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

With Diaz and without Robinson the Horns would never make it.

5. No le hace

No le hace 500+ Posts

6. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

Hey he took Iowa state to a big 12 championship game (or at least a tie for first in the north)

That's pretty impressive.

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yay...........

8. marley

marley 500+ Posts

If you're going to post about other teams on a Longhorn board, at least make the subject of your titles reflect who you are talking about.

Could care less about some school in Denton.

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I read that the San Francisco Chronicle is going to stop referring to Washington's NFL team as the Redskins.

10. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Hey did you guys hear we beat Kansas?

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

13. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I was very impressed with the Mean Green defense. they were very disciplined, very physical and never let down. They stopped Rice inside the 10 for eight straight plays (Rice got four new downs after a holding call on a failed Rice 4th down.)

The Rice DC looked older than Robinson, never showed any emotion, just looked at the game on the field with an icy steel stare.