Bowl Mania Pick 'Em

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Badass, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Joined!

3. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

In --Defending my Silver medal, from last year. Horns 84 are you in?

4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

the bowl match ups look to be quite a challenge!

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’m in. I have no idea what I am doing.

6. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

why not can't do any worse than on my weekly picks

• Like Like x 1
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Dang! These are tuff this year!

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

9. LonghornCatholic

How does the confidence column work?

10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Pretty sure you get 1 point for your lowest confidence pick and 42 for your most confident pick. That's how I played the regular season anyway and got second place!

Just remember the number is how many points you get if your picked team wins outright (no point spread). 1 gets u 1 point for example. Your least confident pick should be 1. My first season I thought the points were revere of that lol

And you can move around your picks LC to any spot u want to place that pick with the move tab to the right of each pick

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  11. LonghornCatholic

12. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

No just pick your least confident games as a 42 and higher numbers and most confident a 1 and you'll do great.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Listen to ba

• Like Like x 1
  14. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  15. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Dion, did you create a capital bowl mania account? You are not showing up on the group list. Like Creek said, gotta sign up before Saturday!

16. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Anybody else switch around their picks tonight? I was making changes left and right !!!

17. LonghornCatholic

I submitted my random off the wall picks this morning. I think they went through.

I had a colonoscopy yesterday so forgot about my entries.

Hope I'm in. Good luck fellas :hookem:

18. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Anybody get the Houston game right

19. LonghornCatholic

I picked UH.

I'm also about to get my second loss, UCF vs Arky State.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Missed on UH too...

21. LonghornCatholic

I'm stinking it up.

22. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Its a marathon LC, its really tough to judge because some may have played their high picks so far where some have not ... way to early to stink ... yet :) plenty of time to stink later though!

• Like Like x 1
  23. LonghornCatholic

I'm above .500 Baby! :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Keep plugging LC. We are not even half way. Sprinters can fade, plodders can climb. In my best coach speak, there is a lot of football to be played!

It looks like you did not move around the confidence picks or did you intend to play games 1-13 in order so far? You can still move around any unplayed games so feel free to switch around your points for any unplayed games based on latest info or hunches you have

• Like Like x 1
  25. LonghornCatholic

I had a colonoscopy right before the deadline so just haphazdly entered my picks. I was still droggy so didn't really mess with the confidence picks. It's gonna take pure luck for me make a move.

26. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Just now saw this. I have an account but I guess I did it wrong. I picked all the games though.

27. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Temple was going to be my #42 pick until Ruhle took the Baylor job so I moved it down to #34. Kudos to Badass for picking WF at #4. If Temple can't come back then I'm most likely done. And I may just swear off prediction contests for good.

28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Thanks IDE! Don't give up. You are reigning regular season champ and solidly in 2nd. And I have some swag upsets left which could bite me in the backside!

29. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I dropped my last threee games, including my 42 game IDE, you are closing in ...

30. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Arkansas up 24-0. Exact number of points I flushed down the crapper. If I'm still around next year I'll be employing the flip a coin strategy.

• Like Like x 1