Boxer moves GW bill out of committee w/o GOP votes

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Wild Bill, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

2. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Congress is going to look vastly different in 2010.

3. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

Hasn't the GOP been egging this on? They keep saying "you've got the power, do whatever you want". Now that it happens they'll turn around and say "SEE!!! THEY ARE DOING WHATEVER THEY WANT!!! ARRRGGHHHH!!!"

4. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

If the GOP decides to play that game then they will find themselves out of job too. Independents may have a real shot in the next four years but then again I'm sure we thought that about Perot.

5. bronco

bronco Guest

6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

From a GOP Congressman I heard on TV (and noted in the link), the GOP is waiting on the EPA to assess the economic impact of this bill before they vote on it.

7. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

Here's a newsflash: both parties are filled with hacks and prostitutes who don't give a rat's *** about you. People who can't grasp that simple fact are not intellectually prepared to formulate useful opinions on politics.

8. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

9. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Nice cynicism- but what is the alternative? Ignoring govt? Another form of govt? Have a better idea or do we prefer to just fold our arms and whine?

10. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

I have to agree with you, mcbrett. I don't like either party (more dislike for the Democrats), but what is the alternative? I've voted Libertarian for several candidates in the past, but the real action in Congress is the 2 party system as much as I sometimes don't like it.

With respect to my original post, I have to depend on the GOP to grow some cojones in order to stop this bill.