'Boyz should trade for 'skins QB

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Denmark, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Colt McCoy :hookem2:

2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I wish. They just traded with the Bills for Matt Cassel

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That would be great! But Jerruh won't do it.

4. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Cassel may/should be the starter after a few games before Romo returns, but Weedon was adequate last Sunday.

5. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Matt Cassell-you've got be ******* kidding me. How long are turds like casell, mcclown, etc gonna hang?! And Colt rides the pine behind another loser. I swear nfl owners are the stupidest mofos on the planet!

6. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Weeden will be the starter over Cassel unless he flops and can't produce enough to hold serve while Romo is out. Dallas swapped 2017 picks for Cassel, it wasn't some big move to replace Weeden, but veteran insurance in case Weeden implodes or goes down.

I have little doubt Weeden will lead a still quality team to at least 3 wins over the next 7 games (and bye week) until Romo returns. They still have a great OL and good receiving options (Williams, Beasley, Witten, and Dunbar have 438 yards and 3 scores already).

The backs are capable enough to expose lesser run defenses, and their own defense is already playing well short-handed (18 ppg, tied for 6th). Stud defenders Hardy and McClain return in 3 games.

Once Weeden snags at least 3 wins over the next 7 games, Dallas will be 5-4. All their horses will finally be playing together for the first time all year in Week 11. 5-4 is good enough shape for a team that talented to finish strong and make the playoffs.

I highly doubt Cassel ever starts a game in Romo's absence.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  7. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Weeden sucks ***. He's old and his skin is cold, Cowboys are toast with that ancient statue(sp?).

8. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

Why would anybody want Robert "Mr. Glass" Griffin on their roster? And Washington will NEVER deal Griffin or Colt for that matter, to the hated Cowboys.

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Cassel...a waste of a 5th round pick.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Agreed, Cassel brings nothing to the equation

• Like Like x 1
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If history is any indicator of the future, that ought to take about a game.

• Like Like x 1