Bradford is practicing

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by libertytxn, Sep 22, 2009.

1. libertytxn

libertytxn 100+ Posts

Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford participated in some practice drills Monday afternoon for the first time since suffering a shoulder injury Sept. 5 against Brigham Young.

The Link

2. BevoNation

BevoNation 500+ Posts

Yeah, I saw this earlier.

3. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

We will see him in Dallas. And promptly put him back on the IR.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It don't make a ****

5. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

Being able to throw and being able to absorb contact are not the same thing.

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

What Dionysus said.

No way they play him against Miami (that is what redshirt QB's are for). SK and Muck will take care of business the following week.

7. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

I hope he saw the KindlePotts hit.

8. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

9. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago 250+ Posts

10. Septimus

Septimus 250+ Posts

Considering how good both defenses are and porous both offensive lines are, it may be a miracle if Bradford OR McCoy make it through the game.

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I may be in the minority but I hope he is not get injured again in Dallas if he plays in that game. If he is it could be very severe and a detriment to his future. I know, I know, he is a Sooner and all that. But I don't wish the guy ill will in any way as many of you don't either.

I want to beat them and I don't care if he plays or not. But I don't want Kindle ending his career or any other Horn for that matter if it came to that. I hope he does not play because he will be taking wicked hits. I don't think he would make it past Miami if he suits up there.

I like this guy and I want to see him play in the NFL, not for the team that pays their players as if they were in the NFL.

Old joke but still applicable, sadly...

What's the difference between an OU football player and an NFL football player?

The NFL player has to pay for his own car.

12. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

13. SportsICT

SportsICT 500+ Posts

14. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

15. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

But can he run the cross-eyed, multi-audible, keep-checking-down-until-FOX-goes-to-a-commercial-break, pro-style, Kaiser Wilson attack? [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. jcas57

jcas57 100+ Posts

Don't worry people. We beat him last year when he had a stud O-Line and a bunch of senior receivers, not to mention an all american tight end. Personally I hope he plays agains us. Then they will have no reason to whine.

17. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

I like Bradford, and wish him nothing but the best.

I hope that he recovers fully.

18. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Ditto to Big Will.

19. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

I don't like or dislike Bradford. I do, however, hope for him to recover fully from his injury and to play football again.

Having read several different theories, opinions, and whatnot, I think it would be in his overall best interest to shut it down this year, and either prepare for the draft, or come back to play for the sooners next year.

At this point, the decision is on HIM to do what is best for HIM. If he rushes back, gets hurt again, and goes from being the presumptive #1 overall pick in the draft, to being a third, fourth, or later round pick, or even out of football completely, then that is on him and it was his dumb descision to come back.

20. UTFAN4EVER

UTFAN4EVER 250+ Posts

Bradford [​IMG] OU [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I am a bit suprised they aren't giving it another week or so to just heal. Why put any stress on it right now?