Brady Injured?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by SigPi_Horn, Jan 22, 2008.

1. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

Yahoo Sports (TMZ) is reporting that he was seen with a cast on his right foot on Monday.

Is this an attempt to make this Super Bowl interesting?

The Link

2. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

Maybe so, but he'll be fine. There are 2 weeks until the game. He may be hurt, but hell, Brady has been on the injury report for a few years now.

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

He'll be fine.

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Considering how much time he gets to throw, it probably won't matter. He only throws picks when he gets bored.

5. LurkerintheDark

LurkerintheDark 250+ Posts

Brady had better be fine. My Giants fan co=worker is starting to really piss me off.

6. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

He's fine. He was spotted in a night club last night without the boot.
    The Link

7. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

As an aside HP, I'm probably pretty sure you're giddy about Jones coming to SMU.

8. Captain Murphy

Captain Murphy 250+ Posts

I think it happened early in the game. I don't recall whether it was a sack or not, but a defender hit him and he seemed to get up rather tenderly. From that point on (it was still the first quarter) he mostly threw short passes that did not require him to remain in the pocket long. I watched the game with my son, who commented on the fact that Brady was throwing almost exclusively short passes. Not that there's anything wrong with that when you have Welker and Faulk.

9. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

his suede boots are fuckin' tight

10. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

The game plan was to throw short from the start. The Chargers played the Pats like the Jags did the week before and kept everything in front. Also, the wind was howling and NE doesn't test the deep ball against those winds.

As to when the injury occured, Jaworski was quick to point to a pass Brady attempted towards the end of the 1st quarter. He stepped into the throw kind of awkwardly and you can clearly see where the ankle would tweak from it. After that step, he overthrew Moss horribly on a short pass and Moss was fairly open.

11. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

Saw this on TMZ yesterday.... showed Brady walking to Giselle's home with the "walking boot" on his foot. Later they show both coming from a night club where he's wearing the suede boots(VERY NICE I might add), then show him walking again with the "walking boot". So who knows?! Who cares! Just win!! I'm tired of my co-worker Giants fan! Damn yankees!!

12. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

He just wears the boot when he is puttin; around the house or whenever he thinks the cameras aren't on him. As apparent by his cowboy boots and nice suede boots, when he knows the cameras are snapping pics, he throws the boot in the back seat.

Just trying to rest his ankle whenever he can.