Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by CanaTigers, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’m late to the game but we recently checked this out on Netflix — all five seasons are there for binge-watching. Decided to just watch the pilot and quickly got hooked.

Damn, this is a good show. We are well into season 5 now and I don’t want it to end.

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

One of the best ever. AMC has produced some damn good shows the past decade.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seattle Husker

BLASPHEMER!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The writing is so good. Multiple ongoing plot lines and enough complexity to keep you on your toes. We often have to pause during an episode so we can talk about what’s happening and the various little clues being dropped.

That one is up next for us. The Saul character is really good, I just wonder if it’s enough to build a show around but we will definitely watch when BB is done.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It's not as fast moving but it is more "reasonable" and more about human inter relations. Probably my favorite show that's on these days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I had watched 80% of BB before and just finished the series this week. The acting in this show is top quality. Direction, too.

Glad someone is also out there enjoying it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seattle Husker

I barely got through the first full season because it was so slow. Did it pickup at all? Better Call Saul was like Breaking Bad without the meth production associated storylines. Imagine Walt simply as a Chemistry teacher with cancer, Saul just a quirky ambulance chaser.

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I liked it from the get go. You know what it's building up to. You see Mike and him and his office in the back room of the hair place. Just solid. Not fast paced for sure. Top of the Lake was like that. Slow but deep.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We are on Season 3 now of BCS. The first few episodes of Season 1 didn’t do much for me but I decided to stick it out for a while, and I’m glad I did. It has gotten much more interesting. I like it a lot.

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Great series. I watched it twice.

Didn't want it to end. Took a few weeks to come to the realization Walter wasn't coming back.

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The final scene suggests Walter died. But did he?

13. Seattle Husker

One can only hope. I had the opportunity to attend a discussion with Bryan Cranston on his auto-biography. He seemed pretty clear that Breaking Bad was done, or at least his role in it. He didn't seem to want to talk about BB but it seems that when we got to the crowd Q&A nearly every question pertained to BB. Cranston was good natured jokingly saying his career was all downhill since BB.

14. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

That would be swell!