Breaking News: TCU to Big East

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by BHud, Nov 29, 2010.

1. BHud

BHud 250+ Posts

ESPN_MobileNews
    .BREAKING NEWS: According to the NY Daily News, TCU will leave the Mountain West and join the Big East in all sports.
    The Link

2. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

Aggies talking about giving TCU reality checks every year. Haha. Made my morning.

3. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Aggy seems to always have blinders on... or should I say suffer from long term memory loss! Let's try 10 of 13... or better yet 75-37-5! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Lancehorn

Lancehorn 250+ Posts

Well, the Big XII damned sure gave us a reality check this year.

But Ag's should probably put together more than one 10 win season before they proclaim superiority over a team that just did it for a decade straight.

5. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Eric, excluding when you guys were prolifically cheating and got busted for it? Discount those "victories". What do you have then? Seriously, what do you have then?

I did not think so.

7. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Fellas, leave Eric alone.
    Aggy had a dream season; let 'em enjoy it.

9. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

10. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Aggy Eric... did I read correctly that this was only the 2nd 9-win season that your Aggy has had in 10 years??? Hey dude... come back and talk 3 out of 5 and 4 out of 6 AFTER you have won a National Championship and been to 2 out those bad boys in the last 5 years... Enjoy this year while you can!

[​IMG]

11. Mobyhorn

Mobyhorn 250+ Posts

Is TCU competing in basketball, and baseball as well in the Big East?

12. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

All sports.

13. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

If there was any doubt that TCU's jump to the Big East would shake up the conference, ask Bill Stewart about that today. The West Virginia coach is losing his job, in large part, because Mountaineers officials feared they could not keep up with the Horned Frogs.

"The addition of TCU is going to raise the bar for all of us in the Big East, and we need to respond to that and prepare ourselves,'' athletic director Oliver Luck said. "I believe eventually the road to the Big East championship will go through Fort Worth, and we need to be prepared to go ahead and beat a team like TCU on the road, claim a Big East championship and get to national championship consideration. I don't think our program was headed in that direction.
    The Link

14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wow! After one year everyone will see TCU is a ghost. It is unbelievable that any coach would lose his/her job just because another school whose credentials are suspect joins the conference.

15. Mobyhorn

Mobyhorn 250+ Posts

long way to travel for basketball and baseball games

16. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

ViperHorn,
    you crack me up every time you talk about TCU. It is like you are trying to sound like a moron.

17. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

Mobyhorn, its not much further than TCU travels in the MWC, and it is to much larger and easier to get to airports. Also, travelling east is much easier than travelling west (since you pick up hours on the return flight).