Brewer leaving Baylor - Do ya think...?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TexasFight86, Dec 13, 2020.

1. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

He looks at Texas? Nah

2. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

This is pretty cool, but I think he donated his body already.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

SMU

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Said this a few weeks ago, he would be great to have for one year. We really need a grad QB next year...

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If JQJ was to indeed portal, Herman is more screwed than even he normally delivers. CT has it, if Yurich can build around him. If JQJ is healthy, he is the answer if developed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. KillerHorn

KillerHorn 25+ Posts

If Sam is moving on Sign Him Up!

7. majorfan2005

majorfan2005 100+ Posts

If you aren’t the best QB on the sideline, you shouldn’t be playing. A JQJ/Bijan/Roschon should scare the hell out of all our opponents. We do not need a game manager at QB (Casey Thompson). Adding Brewer would only cause more players to transfer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

If I were the head coach the answer is not no, but hell no. A great tough leader and decent runner who is not a very accurate thrower is worth 6-8 wins per year. I hope we aim higher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

I agree and we did aim higher -
    Ewers - decommit
    Milroe - decommit
    JQJ - portal

I think Card will be good but 2021 will be a learning year. CT isn’t the answer. With all this fallout I can’t see why TH is rewarded. 2021 will be tough as it is. If TH is here, it’s a total loss and lame duck season.

10. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

Sam Ehlinger is coming back for another year so it won't matter anyways.

Sam's entire identity is based on being a longhorn. Hell his parents got him indoctrinated before he turned 2! No way he leaves early, even if our program stinks right now. This is the highlight of his life and he won't let go of that until we kick him off campus.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You want to call Mobile in the morning and withdraw his name?

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

How does everyone know CT should sit? Did you watch him that closely in HS? He certainly cannot be considered to have had that much game time on the 40.
    Is it official JQJ has gone portal? If so and the other 2 top names are staying then I’m all for them. We badly need guys that buy in now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Brewer's reputation seems to outstrip his actual capabilities and performance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Sam is in McCombs, B12 commish honor roll every semester, 2018-19 academic All-B12 first-team '18 and '19. Pretty sure the dude has more to his identity than just football. Lots of us were 'indoctrinated', but very few had football skills to go with it.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

That is where he originally committed.

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

GB,

Why do you think I posted previously that the best thing for Sam to do is to grad transfer to Stanford. They have no QB; Shaw is an *******, but can you put up with him for a few months to walkaway with a Stanford MBA?

17. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I like Brewer, but if he's the best we got, we're in trouble. I don't see Sam staying here. The book on CT hasn't been written. Unless I missed it, CT hasn't gotten any real life, gotta come through playing time. No way to know if he has "it" or not from what little I've seen.

18. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

So OU's and Ohio St's players can do it but our players can't?

Appears Penn St is leader in the clubhouse for Brewer...

Why does everyone think Ja'Quinden is entering the portal? Scared of competing against Hudson?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He shouldn't be unless he is dumber than a bag of hair.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  20. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Everyone doesn't. One poster does. As of about an hour ago there was nothing on BON or surly about it. If it was official there would be.

• Like Like x 1
  21. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

or Tulsa. Montgomery has Baylor connections and he helped Zach Smith’s career considerably.

22. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I think he's going to SMU because Buechele is taking his free year and transferring back to the 40 acres. :yippee:

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The entire Brewer family is a class act, and Charlie wants an education. SMU was ranked in 50s, Tulsa in the 150s. If all else fails, he can get an MBA from Rice,

24. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

Can’t argue with that. Zach Smith will be drafted. Charlie should concentrate on graduate school. If I were his parents I would be worried about his next concussion and not extending his football career.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

What the hell do they have going on in Utah? Cam Rising, JQJ and now Brewer? They are recruiting TX better than Herman and Co...

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It must be revenge for us grabbing Junior Angilau out of the Beehive State.

28. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I liked what I saw in San Antonio last year; they are well coached and their pom girls are the best I ever saw.

29. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

Kendal Thompson, Casey’s older brother, also transferred to Utah as a QB from Oklahoma a few years back.

30. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

State of Utah has so many hotties, every time I go there I'm just amazed. Even the In-N-Out in St. George has hotties working the fryers... It's crazy.