Briles Drops Libel Suit

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by bystander, Feb 2, 2017.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure you guys have caught the news about Briles dropping his libel suit in the wake of the new allegations about the 52 rapes. This is what I hate about our legal system. Here's a guy who filed a suit that basically was an attempt to get himself a job as a coach. The lawsuit was a lie. Now he drops it. If I was King of the World, I'd send him a bill for every dime it cost the court system and Baylor (though I don't have any sympathy for them) and donate it to a worthy cause. He should also not be allowed to coach ever again.

2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

You've got my vote on that, bystander. Yet that schmuck may be back as a coach in another year or two. Hell, Kiffin already hired Junior at FAU.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

bystander,

While I had no idea Briles dropped the suit, I smell another payoff with confidentiality clauses. The regents involved could be ousted in the latest suit, but I believe Briles named Baylor in his suit against the individuals. I support Briles efforts to go after Baylor (for not cleaning house including all regents) and his "friends" turned into adversaries as soon as the heat was turned up.

I have said as long ago as when Sloan was still President in Waco, that Baylor needed a total house cleaning, including all regents and everyone in administration not named Joel Gregory. The corruption has been going on at Baylor for over 25 years.

Remember what we say in the Baptist church. "Nothing is wrong, it's just not as right as we would like for it to be".

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, I didn't realize that Rusty Hardin was representing the Baylor officials. Hardin loves to try cases in the media, which Briles cannot afford after the latest suit filed by the former Baylor coed, and the assertion that Kendall knew about all this. He has his money from Baylor's payoff, and is now protecting his son.

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You may be right about the payoff but if he wants to coach at a Power 5 school then you'd think he would want the headlines to reflect a settlement which he could spin to mean he has clean hands and a clear conscience.

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Neither the school nor Briles want the truth out. Briles is damaged goods and the school doesn't want the truth to come out so if a payoff/settlement occurred it probably was sealed.

7. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

what's really sad is that if you go look on Bailer website that majority of those posting still think Briles was set up and they want to put all of the blame on the BOR (and even Austin)--that koolaid is some strong sh*t ain't it?!