Brock Lesnar - UFC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Handler XIII, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

I'm curious to see him fight this weekend. Anyone know his MMA skills, I think I remember when he tried out for the NFL that he had a strong collegiate wrestling background. Anyone think he can win vs. Mir?

2. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

I think it's complete BS that they let this roided up freak fight.

3. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

i'm curious to see what he can bring. He sure was roided up when we has in the WWE but he's been outta WWE for a few years now. Cleaning out his system might have been one of the reasons.

4. HogsSuck

HogsSuck 25+ Posts

Liddell was on Opie and Anthony yesterday saying Lesnar was "doing all the right things" so this could be interesting.

5. GuadaHorn

GuadaHorn 100+ Posts

he looked pretty good in his first fight with k-1. but yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if he was on 'roids.

6. Handler XIII

Is Brock training at "The Pit"?

7. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

He is training in Minneapolis I believe.

(Although he also may occasionally go to the pit, that sounds somewhat familiar.)

8. Handler XIII

watched the fight preview on Spike last night - I think MIr wins with a submission in the first. Brock looked slow on his take downs and his hand speed looked really slow.

9. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

Forgot to TIVO it. Hopefully they show it again.

And I think he's working out with the Minnesota MMA Academy, or something like that.

10. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

Let's hope his desire here is better than it was in the NFL.

11. Handler XIII

Just watched his K-1 fight on youtube - I'll be surprised if he wins tonight. Really looking forward to the Sylvia - Noguneira fight - should be interesting with their different styles. I think Sylvia wins in a TKO.

12. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

he sure is a big dude but he got schooled. There is potential though. Dana should have put him up against a stand up guy for his debut fight.

13. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

Loved the Noguiera (sp?) fight!

14. Handler XIII

I watched some Noguneira's Pride fights - pretty much every one went the same way - almost getting ko'd then submitting in the later rounds. He can take a beating.

15. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

Exactly Noguira wins all his fights that way. He has a chin and head of stone because he takes alot of punishment in his fights but is a master JJ guy on the ground. Fedor was the only guy he couldn't get, and that ain't too shabby.

I'm stoked about the Spider Sylva and Dan Henderson title fight at the next UFC. That should be a war because Hendo has a chin of steel too and is a great greco wrestler who can do some damage when he takes Sylva down. Sylva is so dangerous even on his back and I expect him to win but it's close and could go either way.