Browns Fire Freddie Kitchens After Only One Season

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Dec 29, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

2. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

He was coaching the Browns. He had no chance. Best was the ESPN ticker during the bowl games saying Matt Rhule declined to interview. LOL at an NFL team losing out to Baylor !

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

How much success did the Haslam family have finding a good HC for the University of Tennessee? Jones has a problem that no one wants to work for him and coach the Cowboys, but he's a prince compared to that crowd.

4. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

My bet is on anybody that Jerry wants he will get because when it gets down to it, all of those guys care more about the $$$. Just like the rest of us.

5. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

And Freddie Kitchens was a clown.

6. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I read a very optimistic report from a Cleveland reporter (maybe on the Browns' payroll) who suggested previous misfires will help Haslam do better with the hiring this go round. Experience can be a good teacher, admittedly only if you are humble enough to own up to your mistakes. The plan is to hire a coach first, then a general manager that can get along with the coach and the VP of Strategy. As a fan of the Rangers for 40+ seasons, it only takes a plausible story to give me hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

As a fan of the Cowboys with a lot of animosity towards the Redskins, I have to admit I take pleasure in watching disaster unfold in Washington, where a jerk owner and an alienated fanbase make the Cowboys' fan situation look like fantasy dream involving a young Bridgette Bardot.

8. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

“As a fan of the Rangers for 40+ seasons, it only takes a plausible story to give me hope.“ Crockett
    :lmao:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Crockett,

People stabbed in the back by their friends usually have trust issues with their next hire.

Enter the Haslams.

10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

....and Jerry Jones claims he does deep self-evaluation. I think with a lot of these billionaire types there's so much ego that these people never see the true picture of themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1