Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama)

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Goothrey, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

The Link

Looks like we will only be in the top 5 for a short spell.

2. fhetw

fhetw 100+ Posts

from the same forum 1/23:
    "Today DeLoss said on the radio that there would be an announcement in the next month regarding the South Endzone expansion project!!!!!! They will be submitting the plan to the Board of Regents and making a major announcement in the next month. Wow, didn't expect it so soon, but demand is strong for more suites and club seating as well as individual game tickets. Will be the largest stadium in the US."

3. beehorn

beehorn 25+ Posts

that thing looks hideous.

4. drewbleedsorange

drewbleedsorange 100+ Posts

Actually, I like Bryant-Denny. It has an intimate feel to it. Granted, the end zone expansion at DKR is much nicer that Bryant-Denny's end zone complex, but hey, its hard to keep up with the Jones [​IMG]

5. breakfast_taco

breakfast_taco 100+ Posts

I've attended several games there and it's not a bad stadium at all. Overall, you are closer to the field than at DKR. Plus, if you have lower section sideline seats you can walk along the hedges at field level. It provides a very interesting perspective that you never get on TV.

6. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

It is an incredible venue and atmosphere, I've attended 2 games there and both were electric. One noon and the other at night.

HOT HOT HOT Coeds!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

not a fan of the overhangs. baseball ok, football no.

8. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

9. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

I like it. It's one of my favorite stadiums.

10. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

Somebody on the site has looked for official announcements and such but couldnt find any. Take the "announced" timeline with a grain of salt. The question is when, not if.

About that DKR post on the same site: I believe that comment was based off of a thread created on this site.

11. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Despite its history, etc, I have never been in a stadium with less character. Even that old eretor set stadium at Okie State had more character, if nothing else because Gallagher Hall was in the endzone.

12. drewbleedsorange

drewbleedsorange 100+ Posts

13. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

my sister is enrolling at bama in the fall. i look forward to seeing a few games/tailgating up there.

14. enigma2025

enigma2025 25+ Posts

15. kujotx

kujotx 500+ Posts

The reason Kyle sucks is more facilities and a general lack of any discernible architectural aesthetic. Unless, you consider "Stalin-era Soviet Concrete Monolith" an architectural aesthetic.

I was there as the Horns secured their future National Championship. They actually ran out of food early in the second half. WHO RUNS OUT OF FOOD AT A FOOTBALL GAME THAT EARLY?

The restrooms are underneath their stands. A good idea on paper, but poorly executed when they made them to serve eight people at a time.

They should nuke that thing from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

16. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

17. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

18. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

i think kyle is the ugliest stadium i have seen, but that Alabama monstrosity is really competing.....the improvements will help (not enough), but currently it is butt ugly.