BU vs OU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by wadster, Dec 7, 2019.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Zeno kid is not afraid of the lights at all.

2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Woulda, coulda, shoulda is neither a valid criticism nor a motivating incentive.

3. BurntOrangeLH

But, but ... but that is not allowed!

Texas had 2 freshmen in their 3 down scheme. They were not bad and dominated a few opposing OL.

Think they will be any better next year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

This game is a matchup of the worst two fight songs in the Big 12.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

73 is holding almost every flippin’ play....no calls though.:puke:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’m talking about there’s no excuse. I don’t know what the hell you are talking about.

7. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

Let’s go Dogs

ouSUX EVERYTHING o SUX

8. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

Ahhh, Cheerleaders. My favorite flavor.

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Last gasp for Baylor 4-20 at OU 35, in OT.

10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Ball GAme. Well, no Baylor in the Playoffs. 3rd straight for OU.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Their OL was getting even more disintegrated by the Sooner DL than ours was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BurntOrangeLH

Here is a hint: Hypothetical past outcomes and the unbearable burden of personal umbrage do not represent a path towards future program progress.

13. BurntOrangeLH

Those last second pre-snap shifts were causing all kinds of disruption in blocking assignments.

14. BurntOrangeLH

I am betting the one-and-done in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Don't know how Baylor managed to keep it close. That deserves an award in itself.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

LC,

It's called coaching, something we haven't seen in Austin in 35 years.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Oh ok I get it. Let’s not discuss, not demand better, not have expectations and accept just mediocrity. Like everyone get a participation trophy. How cute

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

My son went to Rhule's camp last year. He was impressive. I got nothing but respect for that man.

19. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

Once again OU is playing for all the marbles and Texas is going to a no name Bowl (and lucky to have that). I don’t know how we even have the gumption to call it a rivalry anymore. Just sad.

20. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Did his camp... rule?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Shouldn't be much mystery for the CFP Final. LSU and aOSU should not have much trouble with Clemson and ou.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

What are Clemsons biggest losses personnel wise this year?

23. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I'm not so sure that we can write Clemson off so easily.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I hear you HHD, but based on their regular season play Clemson isn't on the level that LSU and aOSU are on. It is hard to really judge them since they have not been tested all season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Clemson's O can score with anyone.

On the OU game, Baylor had 8 first downs. I missed the 2nd half to go to the lake so damn. OU's D completely changed with a new DC. Gives me hope. We have some talent, let's see what someone with a clue can do with it.

Caught 3 bass and about 40 big sand bass in 3.5 hrs so there's that. Would rather be watching us in the CCG but oh well. Least I was catching something.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

There’s a Sooner fan named RJ Young that has a theory about being rabid about your college football team and having a “nice” team to root for....said there’s too much to do in Austin to put in the needed effort....not so much in places like Norman Oklahoma and Tuscaloosa Alabama...might have something there....I feel like I hear that a lot on this board... “don’t want Urban Meyer here, don’t want Nick Satan here...” I think the UT vibe sends most 5 stars out of state...again, whatever that is that makes players go um well Ohio state called so hook em but I’m headed north....

27. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Thats only IF Herman hires someone with a clue. Looks like he is looking at a guy who may or may not have had any real hand in tOSU's defensive efforts .... Most of the time these so called Co-OC or Co-DC deals are just titles to get a guy more money to coach a position and keep him or get him on your staff. Some don't really do the brainwork that makes it go.

28. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Jeff Scott or the other Clemson Co-OC (name?) would be the best hires possible, that offense looks totally unstoppable. Jeff Brady would also be really good. I think Brady is at the top of TH’s list. :idk:

29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If I didn’t know any better, I’d think that Baylor puts a higher priority on winning football games than on student health and safety.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Tony Elliott co-OC at Clemson would be a good get, Brady (LSU) may be really good but he's never been a play caller. Graham Harrell has the experience, but not sure he would come on board.

As for DC, I saw Tom talked to another buddy, Chris Ash, who was fired from Rutgers. That were buddies at tOSU as I recall. Rutgers has been awful of late and do we really want someone form a bottom dweller program?