Buck on Sports 1-18-2008

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Highlander, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Highlander

Highlander < 25 Posts

Interesting things that I heard on The Buck on Sports today that no one mentioned:

1. Mike G mentioned to Buck that AJ and Bobby Bones had a pity party for themselves on Thursday's (1-17-08) show. Both, particularly AJ, apparently have no friends in their building. Buck said something like "I don't know about that. I listen to something different in the afternoons". (not an exact quote)

2. Buck mentioned how much he learned from David Anderson about radio, and said that David still does a great job.

3. At the end of the show Buck said "Jim Rome is next, followed by Craig Way, and after that you get what you get." (not an exact quote, but pretty close)

Clearly Buck is no friend of those fools in the afternoon. I hope he doesn't get in trouble for any of his remarks, but I also hope he leaves and can join Hogan at 1530.

[​IMG]
    Post 100

2. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I agree. After what I heard this morning, I don't think Bucky wants to stay at The Zone, and I don't blame him. I think he did well considering how mad he must have been.

3. alan802

alan802 25+ Posts

Craig and Buck need to abandon that turd of a station asap.

4. D_Wreck11

D_Wreck11 250+ Posts

Craig's show should move to around 10:30pm. Ambien sales in this town would plummet.

5. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

6. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

Craig's call in show should be moved to elevator Muzak.

I often wonder if he will just start reading from an auto parts catalog.

7. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

I also love Craig's habit of running long in each of his segments, forcing him to cram in ads at the end of the hour.

2:53 - go to break
    2:58 - come back
    2:58:30 - go to break
    3:06 - come back

[​IMG]

8. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Man, how big an office staff does 1300 have that Jabob doesn't know who Arizona is? [​IMG]

Zona must be running deep cover. Keep up the posting guys and

GET RID OF PILLOWPANTS better half!

I feel a change of direction coming soon to a non-sports talk format @1300.

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Bucky Godbolt is great.

Things must really be falling apart at 1300 if their hacks are coming on this board talking ****. When Bucky leaves I'll say good ******* riddance to that POS excuse for a station.

10. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

I'd say Bucky is trying to get fired. It's hard to get through a show, any show, on 1300 right now without being able to sense the chaos & tension. This whole debacle has been pretty amazing. Congratulations, the golden goose is dead.

11. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

Bucky is clearly not on board with 1300. He has made several comments re: not listening to their afternoon show.

12. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Split sports / talk format change is a comin'.

13. WhoooTex

WhoooTex 100+ Posts

In reply to:

14. dallas_the_tiger

dallas_the_tiger 100+ Posts

I listened briefly to AJ the afternoon he had Bobby Bones on. Some of the worst radio I've ever heard. Bobby freakin' Bones as a guest host of a sports radio show. WTF?

I thought that was a huuuuuuge stretch, and it didn't work at all.

15. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

Terrestrial radio is dying, along with the newpapers. We're just witnessing the death throes.

16. Jabob

Jabob 25+ Posts

Just an FYI..........there will be no show tomorrow.

BUcky's taking MLK Day off.

17. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Ty, on behalf of those still listening. I have changed my alarm clock (the final remaining item set to 1300). I will read about Bucky (sorry Buck, you are cool and all but we'll wait for you to move) and his antics here rather than listen.

Having XM Satellite Radio I won't even need it for games or anything. A shame. My ears look forward to the Buck on 1530.