Buddy Hield

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by ProdigalHorn, Jan 23, 2016.

1. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

OK I get it's Oklahoma and I'm supposed to hate the guy, but man... Best player I've watched in a while, and he seems like a good guy from all I've read. I guess it doesn't hurt that I detest Scott Drew and Baylor, so it's not as hard to enjoy...

• Like Like x 2
  2. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

Makes you think of the Hollis Price days. He was also one of those guys you would watch and even though you want to hate him, sometimes you have to just sit back and say "damn, he's good."

• Like Like x 2
  3. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

I was thinking that the other day. Heild is the only player in the league averaging 50%+ in FG and 3PT%. That's crazy. it was smart of him to come back another year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dangdirtysooner

dangdirtysooner 250+ Posts

You're absolutely correct. Buddy is an outstanding player and everything we hear up here is that he is a fantastic person to boot. OU is incredibly fortunate to have him on the team and as a public face/ambassador for the university. OU is also very, very fortunate that he decided to come back for his senior season :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Hollis Price was cool, but I have to admit it was fun having him get shown up by TJ on senior night....

• Like Like x 2
  6. dangdirtysooner

I was at that game. The 2003 OU team had a nasty habit of going cold the last 5-10 minutes of games. They usually hung on to win, but against a great UT team, that wasn't the way it played out. I felt so bad for Hollis and the other seniors that afternoon as the LNC emptied out as soon as the game ended. Hardly anyone stayed for the tribute to the seniors. Though they probably should have done it before the game like they do in football.

Strong year for the Big XII. And if it wasn't for Carmelo/Syracuse, the Big XII would have had 3 Final Four teams and an NC that year.

7. dangdirtysooner

In case anyone was curious about whatever happened to Hollis after OU: He had a very successful career playing basketball oversees 2003-2011 (multi-time all-star), and is now on Kelvin Sampson's coaching staff at the University of Houston.

Great kid.

• Like Like x 1
  8. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

OU is about to punch a ticket to the Final Four. Hield is on pace to score 40+ points. This guy has serious game.

9. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Villanova is pounding OU 62-41, with 11 minutes left in the game.

10. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

For those that were so worried about OU winning the national championship, you can rest easy now.

Villanova is currently on a still going 25-0 run and this game could be a monumental loss, it's 79 -41 at present with seven minutes left.

So much for our pedestrian 22-2 run against OU.

11. snek

snek 500+ Posts

Who is this guy you are talking about? Didn't see him partake in this game. Pro my ***. If you can get shut down like that by college players the pros will chew you up and spit you out. He's a tremendous COLLEGE athlete. He needs to practice his delivery selling cars at Big Red Auto after his lucrative two years in D League unless he wants to go play in Lichtenstein or elsewhere in Europe. He may not be good enough for good leagues over there. Swaziland may have room for him.

He has wounds from this game to be "Healed".

12. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

The most fun I have ever had in that building. The place was rocking and there was a surprising amount of burnt orange scattered around.

13. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

That kids is a 1st round draft pick ou or not he has talent

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

He had one bad game in which the entire team got stampeded. Happens to pretty much everybody at some point.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

thus the trouble with the NBA where unproven talent is sought.

Charles Barkley told the world how to defense Hield - stop him from taking a left step before shooting.

• Like Like x 1