Buechele

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horns R Back, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Biggest game of his career and all he did was come in and go 10-10 with a td. Couldve called it quits after Ehlinger won the starting job but he hung in there and stepped up big when his team needed him. Hook ‘em :hookem:

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

The very epitome of class and integrity!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Bigger than Norte Dame as a true freshman?
    Just asking opinion.
    I’ll take it, he was ready and preformed.
    But I think if you asked him, nah this is what I do.

4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Yes, because tonight was for a chance to play for a championship. I want Hagger to cut his hair with a happy face, not because he ran out of time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Was a trip to the Big 12 championship on the line against Notre Dame? To me, tonight was the biggest game of his career.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

:hookem: Shane!

• Like Like x 6
  7. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

:hookem:

Class act

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Nice! All good, don’t disagree, just a thought.
    Agree tonight it feels like more was on the line, and I won’t win the argument in the moment.
    But the game I’m referring to had the whole program on the line, coach, who should start, and he won!
    Shane fan, just a thought he has been in big pressure situations.
    Agree to disagree tonight was his biggest.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Good for Shane - ready to go when he was needed. And he delivered big time!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

...all I know is that when he came in....I was at peace...knew he'd step up and do a good job....and he exceeded my expectations....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I agree. Never was worried when Sam went down knowing Shane was going to be ready. Our defense played a heck of s game themselves. Saw some flying to the ball with aggressive tackling....

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You're peacefulness is best demonstrated by the LACK OF ALL CAPS IN YOUR POST!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Buechele and Heard are incredible men in addition to being great parts of this team, both have shown the kind of leadership and effort after losing the starting QB job that you just dont see very often. Fortunate to have both of these young men in burnt orange.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Great overall team effort last night. I felt like we had our foot on their throat for most of the game even with a qb change. That's awesome. So who was the star of the game? lJH again and the entire defense. Way to go Orlando. Was our success due to scheme change on the d line? I saw that mentioned somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  15. rick mueller

For once we put our foot on a team's throat and kept it there! We had blowU sucks down and let them breathe. We didn't do that last night. I read we were in 4-2-5 set most of the game.

• Like Like x 2
  16. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

From what I could tell we had 4 with a hand on the ground almost the whole game. Plus our blitzes came straight up the gut instead of coming off the edge. Both helped IMHO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I *think* we were still technically playing the 3-3-5 with the B-Backer playing as a down lineman(for a total of 4 on the ground). I don't think we had a second defensive tackle in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Part of the scheme also was to have Gary Johnson shadowing the quarterback. That paid off on numerous occasions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Hey, I just noticed that I have 25+ posts now. Does that make me an old timer?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I'll let Bue pick his own "biggest game" but I am proud of him.

WTG, Shane! Thanks for staying with it and getting it done on that cool Saturday night. You directly contributed to the party atmosphere which fell upon DKR.

That was my first "cell phone" thousand points of light (no I don't get out much) ...

HOOK 'EM, Shane!

• Like Like x 1
  21. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Not necessarily. But it does suggest much greater discretion than posters like @dukesteer...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, how long has it been that we not only have a nationally relevant qb, but if the starter goes out we think we're good? I've been following the Horns for about 27 years now and I dont ever really remember that being the case.

Lots of "the backup is better" but never feeling like both are really good. Congrats to TH for cultivating that!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Major/Chris?

Possibly even Vince and Chance Mock - although we didn't need Mock much in 2004. Funny thing is he's probably the best comparison to Ehlinger in build and play style IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yes, I can go with Chris/Major although I was in the Major camp. Chris was good, but thought he made too many mistakes at very critical times and have always believed Major was a better gamer than Chris (not trying to rekindle the old war again). I never really believed in Chance even though he was better than average not really good.

Even with those I feel this is the least amount of dropoff between #1 and #2 in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

There was a greater dropoff between VY and Mock than between Sam and Shane, but that's because of the greatness that was VY, not because Mock was a scrub. Remember, it was Chance who saved our asses against Tech in '04 when VY was totally ineffective.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. rick mueller

I remember it well. Chance gave us a "chance" we desperately needed in that game.

27. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

i think Boo will start this week, due to Sam's injury, and the game against KU, with so much on the line, will be the newest "biggest game."

Its just the nature of the beast; games get bigger the further you go. And this team is going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

No - but you do now have your learner's permit. :clap:

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I was at that Tech game, and Chance was outstanding bringing us back, but lest we forget his father was Tech's starting MLB on a Tech team whose trip to their first Cotton Bowl got detoured in McLennan County by a winless Baylor team, while Chris Gilbert ran wild in Amon Carter at the same time.

Anyone have any idea what ever happened to that motel maid in Waco? I hope our BMDs made sure she never had to work again,

• Like Like x 1
  30. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I was at the Longhorn banquet when Mack recognized Chance and said "I can't say enough about this young man" and Chance got a long standing ovation...

• Like Like x 2