Bummer

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by nashhorn, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yawn....

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That all sounds great until 500,000+ people they "don't know" feel the same way as HIC, then they suddenly begin to care.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

You are exactly the problem. Who in the hell are you to call them ignorant for having an opinion and standing up for what they believe in. You have an opinion on certain things so why in the hell can these players not have one? These athletes do have the power because let's be real. If they choose to sit out then there is nothing anybody can do about it. You are exactly the "fan" that does not belong in the longhorn fan base. Unlike you and your little group there are actually people who care about these players and what happens to them once they leave. We want to see them succeed in life. We don't just invest in them because they win you games and the university of Texas understands that which is why they started the leverage program to help these athletes succeed outside of athletics. Take your ******** support to Oklahoma or Aggies because Texas will be much better without your fake support

4. horninchicago

The concept of cumulative loss of revenue through merchandise sales, etc., seems to slip through the brilliant ramblings of the poster in question.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. horninchicago

Who said the players can't have an opinion? The opinions need to be on their own time. What's so hard to understand about that?

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  6. Jacob Johnson

That won't happen. More people are for these athletes than opposed because they actually care about these young adults outside of sports. If it was such a huge issue then why are the Universities meeting these athletes demands? Why are multiple teams wearing Black lives matter shirts, patches, etc... wouldn't they tell them to stop if that many people were really upset? They don't because they care and actually understand what these athletes go through. Honestly if you didn't care about Texas football anymore than why are you still speaking on them? If you don't care anymore than stop talking about it. What they believe is not going anywhere so you simply don't watch, buy, donate or think about the team anymore because like I keep saying the season will go on and be great for years to come without your support. Just go away and you won't have to stress about what these athletes speak on.

7. horninchicago

So, the athletes have these opinions and anyone who disagrees you tell that person to go away. Very reasonable.

Edit: Took out comment that may have been rude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

They are welcome to express all of their opinions. I am the guy calling them ignorant because much of their complaints are ignorant. I'm the guy with experience.

I know you can't be this dumb. They can sit on their asses all they want. Here's what will happen: "Your scholarship is no longer recognized at UT. Hit the road, and, by the way, have a nice day"

I hope they succeed as well. Having ignorant opinions is going to hurt them. Most of these children have had someone holding their little hands for their entire life. Time to grow up and face the world where people don't agree with their bulls--t. Time to quit acting like spoiled brats, man-up, and get the job done on your own.

I am guessing you have never started or run a business, have no family or employees to take care of, and have had little success to date. That's okay. You are still young. If these knuckleheads didn't earn a legitimate degree from The University of Texas which can be "leveraged" into success, they screwed-up. You can coddle them and hold their hands all you want to feel good about yourself. I'm going with the old school, hard-*** model that has actually been proven to work for decades. I am exactly the S.O.B. these children need. You can take your "trophy for everyone" attitude and stick it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

How in the world would you know if more people are for these athletes' b.s. than are against it? Did you take a poll?
    Universities capitulate to an extent because they are run by Libs with ideas that are not mainstream.
    The BLM b.s. is taking its toll on viewership. Just check out the NBA and NFL ratings. They can claim victimhood all they want, but they are actually victimizing themselves with loss of revenue.
    I'm a Longhorn. I enjoy watching football, not coddled children protesting something based on lies, and led by a self admitted communist organization. My donations, like many others, have stopped. I speak up because I want the current idiocy to change. What I believe is not going anywhere either. Just go away and you won't have to hear me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  10. Jacob Johnson

First off I am self made. I own my own business and do damn well for myself. Secondly how are there opinions ignorant? These are problems they face being an African American man in the U.S. you can't tell someone what they are going through or how to feel because you don't have that "experience" your problems are not the same problems they face so don't act as if you know because you absolutely don't. I can also guarantee these athletes have not had someone holding their hand for them. Most of them have had to do it on their own. Most do not come from silver spoons in their mouth so that statement was also false. The athletes that are speaking are the ones who have to work their *** off to get where they are today. If you actually took the time to understand what these athletes are talking about and not have this one ignorant thought stuck in your head than you might understand what they are speaking about.

11. horninchicago

Well, he WAS done with politics but still keeps commenting.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jacob Johnson

Your right what you believe is not going anywhere but answer this question.. who at the University of Texas actually cares that your donation and viewership is gone? At the end of the day, week, month and year. The University cares about the athletes more than they care about some conservatives having a problem with these athletes speaking up about their life. Again if you don't support them then stop talking about them! There stance is going nowhere so if it came down to you or the athletes then 100% of the time you will be dropped. Lmao are you the type to email University officials and tell them that you are no longer supporting because of what these athletes are doing? Just be honest with yourself, if you didn't tell anyone that you are no longer supporting then nobody would even realize you are gone. Your giving yourself to much credit here lol if you don't want to watch then don't watch. Nobody is begging you to stay

13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It always comes down to this. As if "their experience" is all the same and all bad. What *********. How has the experience of an 18 year old kid on scholarship in 2020 America at UT been so traumatic? How about the trauma of a black kid admitted to UT with lower grades than an Asian kid and getting a scholarship to boot!. Must be miserable for them.
    I will agree that many blacks face problems because of other blacks and severe cultural issues. Primarily, single parent homes with no daddy there to discipline bad behavior. That isn't whitey's fault.

14. Jacob Johnson

Lmao there are plenty of teams in the ncaa that would love your fake support. I hear Kansas needs some more fans because we are good over here in Austin:hammertime:

• poop poop x 2
  15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Based on the phone calls I received, the Dean of the Business school seemed to care.

No, the University cares about athletic revenues.

If you don't like what I'm saying, then just stop responding. My, and many others' stance isn't going away. If it comes down to athletes versus a huge portion of alumni and the voting population of the State of Texas, I can assure you that 100% of the time the athletes will be dropped.

Actually, they called me. Think about that. I doubt they would call you.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Jacob Johnson

Wow your ignorant. That is a ******** stereotype and I feel like you have many more stuck in your ignorant head of yours about the black community. You have to be old because your thoughts are very outdated and pure stupidity. These athletes have to rely on athletics to even get into admission into Texas. The struggles these athletes have had came well before admission into Texas. In case you have not realized many don't have the luxury of paying for a full education and not everyone is privileged or lucky enough to have large amounts of money to pay.

17. Jacob Johnson

They called and said what? I know for a fact they didn't ask your stance on how you feel about these athletes speaking up. Why in the hell would the Dean of Business call you and ask you about sports? Your lying and it's very obvious. Don't think what you say is important because if your "large portion of Alum" have had this big of a problem then why is nothing being done? Why is the school meeting more demands of the athletes and doing absolutely nothing for the donors and Alum? These athletes are still speaking up and doing what they want so if you had an impact then what exactly have you impacted?? Sidenote: I'm only continuing to respond because your ignorance is like no other. I am not about to let anyone speak ******** and stereotypes about the black community as if they know what the hell they are talking about. You have no idea what your talking about and the fact you keep speaking on it as if you do is why I'm responding.

18. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Actually, it's not a stereotype. Blacks born to single mothers is the greatest problem the black community faces. If you really want to help a brother out, buy them some condoms or teach them how to raise a family properly. As I stated, without athletics, many athletes at UT don't qualify. They shouldn't be there anyway. There are plenty of other schools available to them. They are admitted for one reason: to bring revenues!
    Few people can pay for a college education. Many do it with loans that need to be paid back, and working while in school and in the summer. Quit acting like a victim, and please use "you're" instead of your when calling me ignorant.

19. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

They want my $ dimwit. They got cut off, and they now know why.

The black community faces many cultural problems. Re-naming buildings, tearing down statues, and giving more handouts isn't going to solve those problems.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. horninchicago

Sure thing, Bevo. Now, go home and get your shine box.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  21. Jacob Johnson

It actually will. Why would a minority want to be surrounded with racist statues on a campus they call home for the next four years? Racist and racism is not something to be proud of and should not be glorified. Who wants to constantly be reminded of someone who beat and owned slaves? It's not a good look and I am damn proud the University of Texas decided to remove the statues and rename buildings. You may not like it but I'm sorry to tell you that the segregated and racist days are done and nobody should have to feel uncomfortable at a school they are supposed to love and care about. If you have a problem with it then you don't deserve to be called a Texas Alum

22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

One more time. Football is nothing more than entertainment designed to raise revenue for the university in various ways. When people stop watching, attending, buying gear, donating money, etc the revenue will decline drastically and it is already happening. When the athletes realize they can be replaced by other athletes they'll be better off.

Go march on campus, hold a rally at the west mall, protest up and down guadalupe, but keep the political crap off the football field. Most of the NFL viewership is down 20%-40% against numbers that were down the previous year. Sooner or later those dollars will dry up and the NFL will get a clue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I said it wasn't going to solve any problems, and it won't. I personally couldn't give a damn about a statue or the name on a building. Why don't I care? Because it does not matter, and I have been a slave for the exact same time as every black person in America.
    I can't call myself a Texas Alum anymore? You sure make a lot of proclamations for a 24 year old kid (however wildly successful you are) that doesn't use proper grammar.

• Like Like x 1
  24. horninchicago

That guy will just keep beating the drum that you and I and our ilk just don't matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And perhaps some shouldn’t - if they don’t want to be here, even after choosing to attend, then ok, find a place where they “want to”.

26. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Gentlemen,
    From the Hornfans Posting Guidelines:

Please be respectful of your fellow members, as well as the coaches and players. Personal attacks, name-calling and aggressive messages are not acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. Jacob Johnson

Because I don't care lol your not important to me so I type how I choose to do so. Lol this is not a job interview so why would it be important? As long as you know what I mean than I am fine. And Yes I am 24 years old and graduated college at the age of 21 and went into business for myself and now I make 50k a month doing nothing. I can put you on if you would like :)

28. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Well that explains a lot. Most money bags sponsor so we all look forward to you sponsoring.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Dang, how about an interest free, payable upon death, loan? You know for a fellow Hornfan.

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. horninchicago

Only if you don't have ignorant beliefs.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.