Burn it down!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Nov 14, 2021.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I'm not really upset at this point.
    Our defense sucks.
    Our QBs are not good.
    We have two players on this team worth stepping on the field. Bijan and Worthy.
    There was a report suggesting up to 40 players would hit the portal at end of season.
    Get the f**k out!
    I don't care if we win another game this season or next.
    If we can hold a decent recruiting class together start them all next year.
    If a player goes two games making the same mistake bench them.
    If any player celebrates and gets flagged after scoring or any other play while down more than 14 points they run steps the next practice.
    This isn't a rebuild.
    It's a reboot.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bull ****! I said after OU and every loss this year. Not "next practice", as soon as team arrives back in Austin or after the home game, gather them on sideline and tell them, "my friend Bill has seats on row 78 of section 7/8. Take your precious cell phone, run your lard *** up to row 78 and get me a picture from his seats. One picture per trip. When you have a photo I like, you can stop running.'

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

If you would have told me before the game that Thompson would have six passing touchdowns and run for one more and that we would block a punt I would have bet everything that I have that we would have won that game, and won it convincingly.

• Agree Agree x 10
  4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yea, but you're leaving out the 4 turnovers.
    Three that led to touchdowns.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I believe we were unanimous on Hornfans that Charlie hit the absolute tipping point when he lost to Kansas. Look at us now... almost accepting it.

Is it because you don't fire a coach after one year?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Accepting it? Who? I'm pretty sure those who aren't saying fire the staff are saying get those quitters to hit the portal. I think the reason we aren't a unanimous "fire the coaches" is because it's year one, but there is zero acceptance I've seen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

If the report of 40 players entering the transfer portal is true, I wonder if its because they want out or Sarkisian is telling them to hit the road, As for recruiting, who would want to come and join this dumpster fire?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well, maybe I'm speaking for myself. I watched the entire game and realized my mind shifted to feeling it was a good game; not that Texas was embarrassing itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Being close in a losing battle to Kansas in a football game is embarrassing much less actually losing like we did. Heck, binder boy almost lost to them the last time they were in Austin. It took a miracle last minute drive to win it.

Kansas owns Texas......tongue in cheek....kinda...

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

No way the total is even close to 40. Maybe a dozen tops. That's not counting players who still have a year left but choose to take their chances in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

bystander,

I have told people that I was one of the few that stayed through the playing of "The Eyes of Texas". What I saw was some of the best Texas has played in ten years, but also some of the worst Texas has played in ten years.

We have really dumb players at some positions. They do not (or perhaps refuse) to learn. The same stupid **** mistakes that let OU comeback and beat us were present again last night. No discipline, a lot of "I'm gonna be the hero" and get 5-7 yards out of position.

The S&C can be a really good disciplinarian, unless he lets them be soft and coddled.

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

i was at that game. 50-48 right? The Mad Hatter. The three games we're talking about were a Kansas team with different coaches each time right? Same with us...

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Yes, I was at that game too. The constant is that Kansas always sucks. The fact we use coaching changes as an excuse to under perform to them routinely these days is embarrassing. Sad really.

14. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Had 150 more yds but 4 TOs and 10 penalties erases that easily. And on the 2pt conversion the first thing you have to take away is the throw to the front of the end zone. Once he was flushed WTF was Spoonhower doing being that far back in the end zone and not protecting the easiest throw. First he drops an easy pic to win the game, and then brain farts on the winning play. Guy played hard, but that doesn't win games. Making plays wins game.

15. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

The guy who caught the winning point after was a freshman walk on

Mostly played on special teams

jeez

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

I'll say this: the team didn't quit. They made errors, they missed tackles, turned the ball over, etc. But they never gave up. Sark's got a core group of players to build around. Add a full recruiting class, plus a handful of transfers, and we'll see some improvement.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah watched again and have to say those CT naysayers are crazy. The kid has what it takes, guts, determination, and skills. The pic in the EZ was a gross error but the overall performance in very difficult circumstances was outstanding. One thing I noticed was they finally let him roll out sometimes which I’ve been advocating forever. What takes away everything ‘good’ one might say about this performance is the blasted successful 2 pt conversion AND, of course, that it was Kansas. How in the hell do you allow Kansas to score 49 pts in regulation.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Can you quit if you never really start?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Golgo451

Golgo451 100+ Posts

Here's what impressed me the most about Casey. Yeah, he made a poor decision on the last interception and compounded it with a poor throw. It looked like he would be the goat (lower case) of the night. He kept his head up. He kept his focus and led them to the tying score with 22 seconds left. I dare anyone to call him a quitter or a loser. And after the game, he spoke to the reporter when many would have dodge him and gone to the locker room.

• Like Like x 3
  20. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Hang in there, Longhorn Nation! You're in at the ground floor...

21. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

We have very low standards. We now have clown #2 who is blaming it on the players and I have to agree with Meyer that is unacceptable. Anyway team has regressed badly, so it looks like another 2 years of absolute misery and then another coach. Personally I see no silver lining.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Baseballgawd

Baseballgawd 25+ Posts

Know how you feel. Supported two schools for many years, both lost/losing coaches this year. I’ll just take my grandson to Tx HS playoff games!

23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You're a true orangeblood, loving the school no matter what.

The players seem to be out of position. My wife kept asking where are players were?

In the end, our offense put up the points. They showed up if we just look at raw numbers (unless we are to believe that points are diluted in the Big 12 with the type of offenses that are run). It was the defense as it has been all year just collapsing on almost every series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

Here's how you allow Kansas to score 49 points. You put Hudson Card into the game, a player who, quite frankly, has no business playing D-1 football. He has a strong arm but no other attributes at this time that qualify him to play at this level.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

Unfortunately that is what the preening Schooler thought too. No way they will throw it to this guy so I don't really need to do my job and cover him.

• poop poop x 1
  26. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Card would have been taken by 100+ other colleges. And, honestly, he could probably fare well at 80% of those places. Texas isn't one of them due to changing scheme, coach turnover, OL weaknesses, losing 5+ WRs since August, and the general lack of wherewithal and team attitude since the OU game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Sure.
    But then, I guess, without three offensive turnovers we still win by three TDs?

• Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

This was him...

• Like Like x 1
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You would think.

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1