Burnt Orange Paint

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by SAChick, Nov 15, 2007.

1. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

I know this is asked just about every month but my search skills suck and I need to know the paint that is officially burnt orange. We want to paint the garage burnt orange.

2. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

I searched under these terms: "University of Texas Official Pantone Color"

Here is my resulting page - add your own http / world wide webular stuff in front: mccombs.utexas.edu/brand/Eps_TM.asp

Color format - 4CP (four-color process or PMS (Pantone 159 or 7530)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. wild_turkey

wild_turkey 250+ Posts

UT used to have the official paint recipe on their website, which you could take to a local store and have it mixed up. I needed some recently, but when I looked on their site, I couldn't find it. While watching cfb this fall I've seen Glidden advertise official college colors, so I went up to Home Depot to pick some of that up. Apparently, UT is one of the few universities that wouldn't license their official color to Glidden, so you can't buy it from them.

Don't get too discouraged though, Home Depot does have a mix of Behr paint that they feel is a very close match to UT burnt orange. I bought some of this and I would have to agree with them, it looks pretty good. The guy told me they have it at all Austin area Home Depots, so I guess that's my recommendation, unless of course you can find a better option at Lowe's or Sherman Williams.

4. apd183

apd183 100+ Posts

5. NCAAFBALLROX

If you go to ANY paint store & tell them that Pantone code & they can't make your color, then you have a moron for a paint employee in front of you.

All they need is the Pantone code.

6. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

Thanks guys.

7. hug

hug < 25 Posts

I guess I keep finding the morons. I asked 2 guys last night about the pantone, and the looked at me like I was crazy.

8. hug

hug < 25 Posts

I guess I keep finding the morons. I asked 2 guys last night about the pantone, and they looked at me like I was crazy.

9. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

Lowe's has the official colors of dozens of schools programmed into their paint mixer. I just went to one and said I need University of Texas burnt orange and it was ready in a few minutes.

10. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

11. NCAAFBALLROX

Make your own projector with a spotlight or halogen light & an outline of the logo (one of the car magnets will work reallly well).

12. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

My home office in the new house is burnt orange. I love the color!

The name of the color of the paint is Pennywise from Sherwin Williams.

It came out perfect.

Jason

13. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

14. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

i put up 2 pics of my office on my Myspace page if you want to see what Pennywise looks like. The first one is what it looks like with the light on it and the second in shadows. It is perfect imho. We went with an eggshell paint.

Jason

15. hug

hug < 25 Posts

I just wanted to thank everyone for there help. I went to home depot and they had the codes for pennywise. I painted the walls for the game room last night and it looks great!! [​IMG]

16. NCAAFBALLROX

I only see two photos; one of Winfred & the other of th ekids @ the beach in Malibu.

[​IMG]

PS: I sent you a PM & MySpace message re: Christmas lights, never heard back.

17. hug

hug < 25 Posts

some pics of my room

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]