Burnt Orange & White Spring Game - PETA Grill Off?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I plan to attend this soirée. I’ve a tear in my eye as I recall the first Hornfans football tailgate I ever attended: Spring Game, 1998.

• Like Like x 6
  2. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

mighty guppy. You?

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Saturday, April 13 — 6:30 pm

spring-game.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 3
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

upload_2019-1-24_13-3-49.png

Date for game announced: April 13th - 6:30 PM - more about the HF tailgate coming very soon.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

on the calendar! will commit when schedule is published ... 16 Mar. sigh.

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Bru McCoy will be on the field. Think about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Watching the 2019 Horns in DKR on a Saturday night in April with a belly full of HF tailgate brisket. Good times.

Tonight my wife said she would pick up two 20-lb briskets and do a slow cook overnight for the tailgate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I was thinking of smoking a brisket the day prior. then relight the smoker to warm it after getting setup at the tailgate spot. I wouldn't be worth a plugged nickel if I pulled an all-niter then tried to remain conscious that evening.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

@ShAArk92 @WorsterMan — do we know a possible location for this thing yet?

I am clueless on our options for where to set up.

I think we are going to rent a house in Austin for the weekend and slow cook Fri-Sat so it will be warm when we arrive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I'll try to contact the parking folks and inquire ... but seems like on the weekends, the reserved parking for most lots is open ... perhaps we could get a "reservation?"

Let's hope that little lady who had the wirey hair and tatoo on her left wrist has moved-on. If she's still there, I'm gonna punt to another HF! :p

• Like Like x 3
  11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I’ll make chile for the tailgate. I’m short on deer sausage but if I have any left I’ll bring some. I can brine some pork tenderloins, got two hogs last weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

@Dionysus ... WAY back in the Katie days ... HF had a blimp-looking balloon to mark the tailgate spot. Easy ID, etc. I don't suppose that thing is still around?

13. WorsterMan

We'll get creative on this thing & have some fun if we get enough positive feedback and serious interest in attending & participating at the tailgate.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I don’t know about the balloon, haven’t spoken with Katy in a couple years. It's a good idea, I will see if I can find a place to make one for us. Or at least a banner we can hang on one of those canopy things. I’m thinking about getting one of these.

canopy.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dion,

There is a small surface lot large enough for a couple of hundred people to gather on contiguous to the east side of the San Jacinto garage (law school). The garage would provide ample parking, and it is a short walk to the north stadium entrance. Additionally, there are grassy areas by the dinosaur tracks, and grassy shady areas backing up to the band hall. Other option is northwest corner of that garage facing San Jacinto.

Just a thought

• Like Like x 2
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Still waiting to hear about the Nuevo Laredo, or wherever it was, hooker.

Edit: More reason to try to get down there to this thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good suggestion, thanks. I like it. Will we be allowed to set up there?

san-jacinto-garage.jpg

san-jacinto-garage2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

People tailgate there before games, complete with generators and big screen TVs with satellite dishes.

Might need to run it by the athletic department and the school police dept

• Like Like x 1
  19. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

and who wouldn't like to see this rig at the tailgate, too???

Little brother restored a '79 Bronco. She's a BEAUT!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

Did I see you trailering your Corvette on Highway 67 the other day?

21. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

that would have been Monday. yup.

22. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

Thought it might of been. Good lookin car.

23. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

thanks ... yeah, needed some Vette specific work done ... and I didn't have a chase driver ... so ... trailers are handy.

You may have noted my bright yellow net straps. chain/binders aren't the best as I discovered hauling my friend's C3 on that trailer a few months ago. Can't get underneath the thing!

So ... familiar hay straps ... with a mod to secure the tires to the trailer floor. Guess we figure if the tires are secure, the car is secure! :)

• Like Like x 1
  24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Shaark,

What year is that vette? How long has it been in your family? It looks like an old friends car, and if it is, that car has a long and storied history with The University of Texas, none of which anyone in our administration, now or in the past, has any knowledge of and never will, particularly as long as Fenves is on payroll.

25. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

It's a '71. Yes, it has been to several official UT events with Bevo. We obtained her just last fall from a big UT supporter in the metroplex. I think there have been a couple other Ontario Orange C3s involved in UT events, but ours has.

I discovered it was taking too long to breed Bevo XV (didn't expect that number to be up already ... sorry Sunrise Studley) ... so we throttled back on the breeding program as the boys graduated HS ... and just BOUGHT into the "royalty" LOL

• Like Like x 2
  26. CaptHornAA

CaptHornAA 25+ Posts

RepairBus

• Like Like x 1
  27. WorsterMan

Photo of the HornFans braintrust meeting & planning the tailgate for Sat. April 13th... details soon.
    upload_2019-1-28_10-11-55.png

• Like Like x 4
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Who is the hottie on the right. I need to be nicer in my replies to her posts.

:beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
  29. WorsterMan

Thats Bea Arthur from the show "Maud":whiteflag:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  30. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

I recognize Dion front-and-center and Worster off to his right. Don't recognize the others offhand ;)

• Like Like x 2